Talk

Advanced search

favourite parsnip recipes please!

(9 Posts)
redhappy Tue 14-Dec-10 17:25:16

They are very cheap at Lidl at the moment, and I am very poor.

What are the interesting and exciting things I can do with them??

redhappy Tue 14-Dec-10 17:27:08

I'm planning to make a roast parsnip and chestnut soup.

Maria2007loveshersleep Tue 14-Dec-10 17:51:39

Well one basic thing is to just roast them eg with maple syrup & veg oil as a side dish (as Nigella suggests for the Christmas meal). They're utterly delicious that way.

senua Tue 14-Dec-10 17:58:39

parsnip and pancetta pasta

Peel the parsnips and then use the peeler again to create ribbons of parsnip (so the shape echoes the tagliatelle)

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Tue 14-Dec-10 18:02:03

apple & parsnip soup.
Bramleys, Parsnips, Onion & Potato - saute, cook in a mix of stock and milk. Liquidise, stir in fresh parsley. Serve with hot bread rolls, freshly ground black pepper and lashings of butter.

Good word - 'lashings'

redhappy Tue 14-Dec-10 18:02:52

oh that looks/sounds delicious!

Secretwishescometrue Tue 14-Dec-10 18:40:10

Very uninspiring here I just roast them and have them with loads of different dinners sometimes I sprinkle some garlic powder over them first and a little drizzle of oil for a change which is nice or I do em mashed... Boring I hear your yawn! grin I make a lovely carrot and parsnip soup though which goes down a treat and I use them in stews sometimes but they can be a bit strong in stews I find and kinda take over the taste of the dish iykwim. But ya that's it for me... Truly inspiring I know blush

EauRudolph Tue 14-Dec-10 18:45:38

Yes, definitely roast them, they freeze pretty well if you end up with loads. Honey and mustard glaze is delicious!

tb Tue 14-Dec-10 18:50:48

Put them on compost heap/in wormery. College I lived at put me off them for life, I'd never had them at home, presumably my parents didn't like them either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: