Talk

Advanced search

What fun dinners can I make with dd (3yo)?

(12 Posts)
bytheMoonlight Thu 09-Dec-10 20:51:47

She helps make dinner almost everyday and enjoys trying to cut the carrots, celery etc.

On a Saturday we have replaced our usual takeaway when dd is in bed, with a fun meal we can all make together.

We seem to be stuck in a homemade pizza rut though, we have done fajitas but I can't think of anything else.

I don't want anything too heavy

Mercedes519 Thu 09-Dec-10 20:55:30

How about a pie or stew, put all the ingredients in the pot and stick it in the oven? DS like cooking pasta too, he puts It in the pot to cook, chops the veg and helps me grate the cheese. Pie, you can roll out the pastry ( we use puff ready roll stuff).

couldtryharder Thu 09-Dec-10 21:08:50

Mine love to chop up lots of things for omlettes. They are good at egg whisking too!

bytheMoonlight Thu 09-Dec-10 21:46:12

They do love chopping don't they grin

I've added pie and omlette to our list

MrsWeasley Thu 09-Dec-10 21:48:45

My DS loves making Kebabs, I think it has to do with stabbing things with the skewer!

bytheMoonlight Thu 09-Dec-10 21:53:27

Kebabs is a great idea, could do fruit ones as well

SheWillBeLoved Fri 10-Dec-10 00:26:41

Fishcakes, meatballs, could be fun for her to get her hands stuck in and help shape them?

mousymouse Fri 10-Dec-10 11:00:11

pancakes?

bytheMoonlight Fri 10-Dec-10 12:03:11

helping to make the mix?

mousymouse Fri 10-Dec-10 12:45:55

yes, cracking the eggs is a favourite job of my ds

1cup eggs (about 4)
1cup flour
1cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)

I put the mix in a big tupperware shaker, shake and pour into the pan for minimum messiness
we eat them with stewed fruit or savoury with chicken, pesto, cheese.

tyaca Sat 11-Dec-10 19:59:21

my dd loves making ragu with me. i use half beef mince and half sausages. she squeezes the sausages out their skins and loves it. i also get her to break up the sausage meat into little bits. that's all she does but it keeps her really occupied.

Mummy2Bookie Sun 12-Dec-10 11:12:14

What about mini quiche? You could use ready made pastry to save hassle.
Maybe a healthy green salad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now