Talk

Advanced search

I have dark chocolate, lemons, sugar butter,double cream and I need two puddings for the weekend....

(7 Posts)
herbgarden Thu 09-Dec-10 20:43:12

I have time to buy a few additional things but I need some ideas ...please !

I have to make two puddings to take to a friends where we're having dinner for 8 people...

Thank you !

mmmmmchocolate Thu 09-Dec-10 21:03:33

Lemon/sugar/butter-
Some kind of lemon sponge pudding or Sussex pond pudding with the whole lemon in the middle. Saw it mentioned on here a few days ago it's a Delia recipe.

Dark choc/cream-
Chocolate tart. You just need some shortcrust pastry and eggs for the filling.

HTH

tb Thu 09-Dec-10 21:09:43

Choc mousse in individual ramekins. Could add a little orange liqueur and grated zest on top.

There's a Delia lemon pudding that's a bit like a souffle, with lemon sauce underneath, probably on her website, think it's in the original cookery course book.

Choc bread and butter pudding - also delia - winter book, I think.

DasherandSmugly Thu 09-Dec-10 21:20:02

I made a lovely pudding last night with toasted crushed gingernuts in base, top with lemin curd, topped with marscapone whisked with vannila essence, topped with raspberries, topped with grated choc.

taffetazatyousantaclaus Thu 09-Dec-10 21:51:24

Lemon tart
Chocolate brownies

Your friend will love you grin

herbgarden Thu 09-Dec-10 21:53:29

Oooh thank you all ! I'm quite loving a choc tart thing and the gingernuts lemon curd thing ( I have lemon curd too !!!....) - I could cheat and get a made shortcrust base for a choc tart.....

herbgarden Thu 09-Dec-10 21:54:32

Oh and I made the choc bread and abutter pud last time we went there - I'm making that to take to another friends next week (I'm going to be so FAT by NY)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now