Talk

Advanced search

Who likes cherry liqueur chocolates?

(28 Posts)
Unprune Wed 08-Dec-10 20:11:42

I LOVE them.
I used to get them sent to me by an Italian nun - I've forgotten the brand, something Italian, obviously, with a pink wrapper.
I've never found any as good as those. I know they exist - they must.
I've tried many brands, cheap and expensive. Rococo were the worst - no alcohol! M+S are ok.
I'm eating Thornton's right now and they're atrocious. The chocolate is appalling, the liqueur is gloop.
Grr.
If you know any good ones, please tell me.

coastgirl Wed 08-Dec-10 20:20:06

Me, and I've never found nice ones here. I used to buy some in Belgium and only M+S come anywhere near to them, but they're just not as good.

Sorry. sad

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Wed 08-Dec-10 20:21:37

Waitrose do some nice ones but not own brand and they haven't got them this year :-(

ZebrasAreSpotty Wed 08-Dec-10 20:33:02

They are called Mon Cheri and are made by Ferrero and I love them too!!

Google them for UK stockists (Amazon, etc)

Oh and you would have to eat 800 of them to get a single unit of alcohol inside you!!!

c0rns1lk Wed 08-Dec-10 20:34:56

Mon cheri I remember them <nostalgia>

Unprune Wed 08-Dec-10 20:35:49

Aaah thank you Zebra grin
MN knows everything.

LoveBeingADaddysGirl Wed 08-Dec-10 20:36:47

Waitrose do some nice ones but not own brand and they haven't got them this year :-(

Valpollicella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:38:49

Mon Cheri grin I'd forgotten the name too Unprine - thanks Zebras!

Dee-lish.

My sister once got caught sitting under the table, biting off a corner of each, sucking the liquer out and then trying to wrap them back up again...at 5 yo grin

Off to Google stockists...

c0rns1lk Wed 08-Dec-10 20:42:06

£22.50 on amazon shock

midori1999 Wed 08-Dec-10 20:44:05

Ooh, Mon Cheri!!! I love these and thought you couldn't get them anymore.

I think you've just made my Christmas.

Valpollicella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:45:31

Corny shock

I do think they're lovely them, but not £22.50 worth of lovely!

Valpollicella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:46:18

Waaay cheaper but out of stock

Unprune Wed 08-Dec-10 20:46:49

That nun was very generous, then shock

Valpollicella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:48:47

Unprune, they certainly aren't that expensive in Italy! (used to live there)

My mum would pick up a box on each food shopping run as they didn't last long grin

Shall I ask my Italian cousins to send lots of boxes over and I can send on to you guys???

<semi serious>

Prinnie Wed 08-Dec-10 20:49:41

I love them - have bought my Dad some Hotel Chocolat ones for Christmas - I'm sure I can sneak one and report back! (After I've given them to him obv!)

winnybella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:50:20

Oh, yes, Mon Cheri- I love them. Dp hates them. They are around 4 euros here in France.

DunderMifflin Wed 08-Dec-10 20:51:37

Mmmmmmmm!

MisSalLaneous Wed 08-Dec-10 20:53:34

I'm not sure whether reliable site, but quick search has it cheaper here.

I love cherry liqueur chocolates, but haven't tried these. Am now very tempted.

winnybella Wed 08-Dec-10 21:03:39

MisSal- almost £7 shock

taffetazatyousantaclaus Wed 08-Dec-10 21:13:25

Vomvomvom

Any liqueur chocolates. And truffles.

<retches>

I have told my mother and sister for the zillionth time not to buy me any of either this Christmas. They seem to have a black hole in their brains where liqueur chocolates/truffles/taffeta connections don't work. Every farking year.

As you were.

LeakMyWiki Wed 08-Dec-10 21:15:19

i love cherry liqueur chocs. Mon cheri, YUM and also Rococo do a posh version that is rawther delicious.

LeakMyWiki Wed 08-Dec-10 21:16:03

No! Rococo def has booze. Doesn't it?

MisSalLaneous Wed 08-Dec-10 21:29:25

oh, I know winnybella, but if they're really as nice as it sounds, maybe I can do one a day over the Christmas period <<lies through chocolate stained teeth>>, it's not too much spent per day...

ZebrasAreSpotty Wed 08-Dec-10 22:04:10

The Hotel Chocolat ones are nowhere near as nice...they are trying to be too luxurious and end up being too sickly and strong. Mon Cheri are the dogs bollocks of cherry chocs!

There's some on ebay by the way...(new and unwrapped!)

My German grandma used to leave us a box each in our rooms when we stayed with her (aged 7 and 10)...I think she didnt realise they were alcoholic! Sadly my little bro didnt like them.....grin

Laquitar Thu 09-Dec-10 16:14:54

I used to buy one from my local Turkish shop. The best ever. I cant remember the name but it was a green box with bit of orange colour, and some turkish writting no idea what (i'm not v.helpful grin).
Check your local Turkish shops.
I love cherry chocs, now i want one. I hate you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now