Talk

Advanced search

Hot chocolate

(8 Posts)
greygirl Tue 07-Dec-10 09:47:01

My children love hot chocolate, what with it being so cold.
does anyone have a 'luxery' hot chocolate recipe that is easy to do?
(at the moment we have warm milk and 'options chocolate drink powder' with whizzy cream on top.
cheers.

happysmiley Tue 07-Dec-10 09:52:07

IMO the best hot chocolate is made by melting some good quality dark chocolate in milk and topping with whipped cream. It's gorgeous.

SpikyBinkle Tue 07-Dec-10 10:21:55

I agree happysmiley. Experiment with the type and amount of chocolate and add marshmallows / flake (it all melts at the bottom into a delicious lump) / sprinkles etc

sfxmum Tue 07-Dec-10 10:24:56

I get the drinking Chocolate by Montezuma it is pretty much just grated chocolate and ever so yummy

SNOWmami Tue 07-Dec-10 12:28:16

I made this luxury hot chocolate mix to go in gift baskets last year. It is very tasty, but I found it a bit of a faff to make as the blades of the processor keep heating up too much and melting the chocolate. I was doing it with the little chopper attachment of a blender though, so if you have a proper food processor it may be easier.

Other than that, I would add a little bit of cocoa powder to your normal hot chocolate powder, for extra chocolateyness, perhaps some vanilla, and definitely lots of marshmallows on top.

greygirl Tue 07-Dec-10 13:02:45

will try melted hot choc with milk only for special days though!!

taffetazatyousantaclaus Tue 07-Dec-10 14:35:33

We always have Green and Black's Cocoa, mixed with a little sugar and boiling water, then topped with milk and microwaved. Stir well. We don't have HC very often but I always have cocoa in for cooking.

mugggletoeandwine Tue 07-Dec-10 14:38:53

I just use Cadbury's for DD, but I add one teaspoon of coffee mate. I know it's shite, but it's nice and creamy tasting. I foam the milk too with my coffee machine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now