Talk

Advanced search

Snacks - Ideas needed!

(6 Posts)
Poogles Mon 06-Dec-10 14:56:24

We're off to a wedding in a couple of weeks and I've offered to put together some activity bags to keep the kids amused during the meal. There are 3 DC's (2 are mine!) aged between 2 and 5.

The wedding is at lunch time and although I plan to give my 2 something to eat before we go, I know that DS2 will be climbing the walls with hunger by the time the meal is served (mid/late afternoon)!

I want to put some snacks in the activity bags which will stave off the hunger pangs but not 'fill them up' and ruin their meal but need ideas. Most of the ideas I have come up with so far need to be kept cool so are no use! I did think about boxes of raisins but DS1 has never eaten them and DS2 has gone off them since he got one stuck up his nose (another story altogether!).

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks bear

SeriousWispaHabit Mon 06-Dec-10 15:16:09

Breadsticks, dried apricots, dry cereal, babybel, grapes?

Poogles Mon 06-Dec-10 15:32:45

Thanks serious. The grapes and babybel are out - need to give the bags to the bride this week and the wedding is not for another week after that.

Dumb question - eill bread sticks go stale if the packet is open? (I always put mine straight into an airtight box - not practical in this instance!

thereisthesnowball Mon 06-Dec-10 16:25:38

Cereal bar?

Poogles Mon 06-Dec-10 16:30:45

Will look at cereal bars! Think a wander round the supermarket is needed! Wanted to try and avoid sweets/chocolate if possible but all my other ideas needed to be kept cool!

Smash09 Mon 06-Dec-10 18:22:49

Dried apple rings, fruit bars, rice cakes, mini packets of crackers, juice cartons..?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now