Talk

Advanced search

Cheese Strings

(12 Posts)
amylou80 Wed 01-Dec-10 16:12:35

Processed or ok for kids?

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 01-Dec-10 16:14:34

Message withdrawn

processed cheese isn't necessarily a bad thing.

they're fine in moderation, as Shiney says.

loves2cycle Wed 01-Dec-10 16:19:42

My problem with them is the cost. My DS1 used to love them but as soon as I realised how expensive they were compared to a block of cheese I stopped buying them. Now he has chunks of plain old cheddar and seems happy enough.

GrimmaTheNome Wed 01-Dec-10 16:22:04

OK, though IIRC they are saltier than most normal cheese.

If you want convenient portions for lunchboxes, the little string bags of pieces may be a bit better I suppose.

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 01-Dec-10 16:32:49

Message withdrawn

overmydeadbody Wed 01-Dec-10 16:34:51

You can't make cheese without processing it.

They are expensive, but no different to a few cubes of cheddar or some slices of Edam or Emmental or smoked aplewood, or a chuink of brie or cammembert, or some mozarella etc etc.

ICouldHaveWrittenThis Wed 01-Dec-10 16:36:54

What's this doing in the food section? Cheese strings aren't food wink

loves2cycle Wed 01-Dec-10 17:28:30

overmydeadbody they are way more expensive than a few chunks of cheddar, almost 3 or 4 times more. Maybe not more than the other types of cheese but I save those for weekends and holidays.

grumpypants Wed 01-Dec-10 17:33:51

Tesco do their own (cheaper) version.

overmydeadbody Wed 01-Dec-10 19:17:45

love2cycle not sure what your point is, but I am pretty aure I said they are way more expensive? That was my point, expensive but still cheese, just like all the others.

I was actually making the same point as you hmm

loves2cycle Wed 01-Dec-10 22:16:24

oh sorry overmydeadbody I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that ther were more expensive, just as expensive as the other cheeses. My mistake sorry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now