Talk

Advanced search

Quick and easy loaf type cake?

(14 Posts)
merlin Tue 30-Nov-10 16:31:57

One of those "chuck it all in a tin" ones!!!
Maybe fruit/banana sort of thing?

Anyone got a foolproof recipie please because my cake baking skills are not good!!!!

Thanks.

merlin Tue 30-Nov-10 18:23:07

bump

twirlymum Tue 30-Nov-10 18:45:51

2 eggs, 200g s/r flour, 200g sugar, 200g butter, 2 mashed bananas and a handful of chopped walnuts. Viola!

Or- soak a cupful of sultanas in tea overnight (not with milk!). Mix 200g brown sugar, 250g s/r flour, one egg and a pinch of cinnamon. Add the sultanas, and bake until golden brown. Delicious with butter.

grin

Sitdownandhaveamincepie Tue 30-Nov-10 18:58:05

Twirly - is there really no butter in that tea loaf? Is it a 'healthy' cake?!! <keeping everything crossed>

PacificDogwood Tue 30-Nov-10 19:04:09

ANTCAKE grin

1 pot of yoghurt (plain is fine, vanilla is finer wink) -
1 pot of sugar
3/4 pot oil (any vegetable oil)
2 pot of self-raising flour
3 eggs
Vanilla flavour if you want
1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles

150 degrees C for about 1 hour in the oven - if you use a silicon cake tray you do not even need to butter it grin! Your yoghurt pot is your measure for everything else - I bung it in the bread maker and let it get on with it. Yes, I am a lazer baker <<preens>>
And my gruesome boys love the idea of eating ants...

Also: no butter = v v healthy hmm

LadyViper Tue 30-Nov-10 19:13:25

oooh i made a scrummy banana loaf last week! I found the recipe on BBC food, in fact it is in my favourites!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananabread_8572 0

taffetazatyousantaclaus Tue 30-Nov-10 20:30:09

Ahem, lemon drizzle, in Recipes section.

Or can do the same with orange. Just shove it all together, mix well and pour into tin. When done, do icing.

Or a tea loaf, soak some luxury dried fruit in some tea, let it get cold. Then add walnuts, egg, flour, sugar, no fat.....and bake. Dead easy. Gorgeous with butter!

merlin Tue 30-Nov-10 20:53:40

Scrummy! Thank you ladies - quite inspired to make all of them!!

twirlymum Tue 30-Nov-10 22:23:02

That's right, no fat in the tea loaf grin

yama Wed 01-Dec-10 18:21:15

Twirlymum - made the Tea Loaf this evening as it was lovely. Really easy and dh and dc loved it.

yama Wed 01-Dec-10 18:21:31

and not as

twirlymum Wed 01-Dec-10 18:38:28

yama I've just made some too! Smells delicious grin

pipplin Thu 02-Dec-10 15:43:12

Now I have to make tea loaf! what better cure for morning sickness-snowday boredom.
With a fridge with no butter grin
Dont have walnuts would almonds suffice?

taffetazatyousantaclaus Thu 02-Dec-10 17:42:04

Almonds would be lovely. I'd chop them up a bit if they are whole otherwise they may crack your teeth!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: