1 piece of mackerel
3 pieces of smoked mackerel
150g cooked prawns

hmm any suggestions gratefully received

Lulumaam Mon 29-Nov-10 20:55:48

fish pie, naturellement ! or a kedgeree style dish

or curry

MeowyChristmasEveryone Mon 29-Nov-10 20:57:30

I LOVE kedgeree!!! And Fish Pie, for that matter. What have you got more of - spuds or rice?!?!

Saltire Mon 29-Nov-10 20:59:57

spuds loads of them. Have never made fish pie DH and Ds1 love it but I hate ithmm

ZebrasAreSpotty Mon 29-Nov-10 21:16:42

Fish cakes - half mashed spud, half cooked (steamed) fish, mixed together with some black pepper, herbs, lemongrass, spring onions (optional!) Shape into cakes, refrigerate for half an hour. Then roll in flour, egg, then breadcrumbs and deep fry. Or, just roll in flour and pan fry. My kids love the crunch of the breadcrumbs!

When cool they can be frozen and cooked from frozen in a medium oven for 25 mins ish and still stay crunchy.

ZebrasAreSpotty Mon 29-Nov-10 21:18:25

Or steam the fish, mix into a white sauce, add some veggies and wrap the whole lot in a piece of puff pastry and cook.

(Mummy....how do you make a fish puff?...chase it round the Pacific..!)

christmasheave Mon 29-Nov-10 21:25:18

Do you have any spinach? Just asking as I make layers of boiled spud, spinach, fish & prawns topped with cheese sauce then grilled. So easy. So yummy.

taffetacat Mon 29-Nov-10 21:45:01

I much prefer smoked mackerel and prawns cold. If it were me, I'd do a smoked mackerel pate with creme fraiche, lemon zest and dill, just mash it roughly. Gorgeous with sourdough.

Then I'd do something cold with the prawns - either a Thai style thing pickled with lime, ginger, chilli etc or just plain ole marie rose or mayo in an oven baked jacket.

I'd pan fry the mackerel with some lemon oatmeal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now