Talk

Advanced search

Chicken casserole - tinned tomatoes?

(14 Posts)
Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 16:10:37

I'm in middle of throwing together a chicken casserole - so far have chicken, onion, leeks, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, swede...so do I stick to stock or should I add a tin of tomatoes?

onepieceoflollipop Mon 29-Nov-10 16:12:07

It's a matter of personal taste. I prefer without, but if we are on an economy drive and I am trying to make a big vat of something then I often add them!

Sounds very wholesome by the way. - the type of thing i make when we are overwhelmed with root veg.

ethelina Mon 29-Nov-10 16:14:21

snap! i have leeks, onions, carrots, broccoli,mushrooms, potatoes & chicken thighs. I will definitely be adding tinned tomato because I like the tang it gives.

Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 16:14:39

I can't decide - doesn't lack of sleep just turn your brain to mush! I'm actually stood here unable to decide - sad woman eh?

ethelina Mon 29-Nov-10 16:17:07

Chuck it in!

IDontLikeDisciples Mon 29-Nov-10 16:19:27

Do it, but add a spoonful of sugar to take the bitter edge out of them.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 29-Nov-10 16:19:53

If you can't decide then add them. It will mean you can get an extra meal or child's meal out of it.

Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 16:20:37

I did it - thanks ladies smile

Scootergrrrl Mon 29-Nov-10 16:23:19

Try stirring in a dollop of cream cheese or Boursin. Tis yummy with tinned tomatoes and takes the edge of it.

pookamoo Mon 29-Nov-10 16:24:42

DH, is that you posting as theantsgomarching grin
Only cos I know this is what he's cooking for supper this evening, and we have EXACTLY the same ingredients on the side in the kitchen!! grin

Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 16:27:19

Scooter - Don't have any cream cheese in, what's Boursin?

Pookamoo Last time I checked I was married to a man grin

Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 16:31:24

Sorry - just googled - my cheese knowledge is up there with my decision-making skills today!

Theantsgomarching Mon 29-Nov-10 18:50:23

It was yum - thanks everyone

ethelina Mon 29-Nov-10 22:23:19

Well mine got cooked and put on hold cos dh came home with shepherds pie from his mum. Yum. Easy dinner tomorrow, just warm it up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: