Talk

Advanced search

Long shot but please could you help

(14 Posts)
tomme Fri 26-Nov-10 19:44:56

Ages and ages ago another poster started a thread about a lovely receipe she had just made. The receipe was from a south african cook book and was a lamb, butternut squash, chickpea stew bascailly. I had this saved in my favourites and have made it occassionaly and loved it, haven't made it for ages and forgotten recipe but wanted to use it for friends coming for dinner tomorrow.

I have tried searching mumsnet but come up with nothing was hoping someone might remember and be able to point me in right direction.

Thanks

hoxtonchick Fri 26-Nov-10 19:46:01

here is what google turned up

tomme Fri 26-Nov-10 19:48:17

Thanks hoxtonchick but thats not it can find lots with similar ingredients but think the one I made had honey and red wine in. I am useless at making up stuff as I go along and have no confidence in my cooking so pretty much follow receipes to the letter. I remeber there not being exact quantities on the original receipe and that stressing me out enough!!

taffetacat Fri 26-Nov-10 20:12:57

do I win a prize?

nannyl Sat 27-Nov-10 08:42:16

probably not what you are looking for but this is divine. had it a few weeks ago, and im sure you could add butternut if u wanted

Mummy2Bookie Mon 29-Nov-10 11:40:56

Hi taffetacat
Thanks for providing the link to the chickpea curry recipe. I have been looking for some cheap and healthy foods for the family. Thanks again.

taffetacat Mon 29-Nov-10 14:09:33

for some reason the link goes straight to the chickpea curry recipe, but if you scroll up to the very top, the recipe that the op asked for is in the first question.

BlingLoving Mon 29-Nov-10 14:10:43

Hoo hoo! It was me!!!! This is exciting. Someone remembered one of my posts. I'm embarassingly excited. grin.

I posted it in Recipes here

taffetacat Mon 29-Nov-10 14:18:35

lol Bling - your legacy lives on!

Mummy2Bookie Mon 29-Nov-10 19:58:13

Have just made the chickpea curry recipe. It's lovely.

taffetacat Mon 29-Nov-10 20:53:21

Excellent, how fortuitous!

Mummy2Bookie Mon 29-Nov-10 22:41:07

Before I made it I thought I wouldn't like it because it has no meat but I was pleasantly surprised. It has gone into my recipe folder.

BlingLoving Tue 30-Nov-10 16:42:52

It's a winner that chickpea recipe. I was thinking of making it this week actually as I almost always have all the ingredients so it's very convenient for last minute suppers.

whiskyplease Fri 03-Dec-10 08:00:05

I made this yesterday for the first time. Did it in the slow cooker after starting it off in a frying pan. It was fab-u-lous. Have avoided butternut squash for years because I thought it had to be peeled blush. Jamie said no need to, so this recipe is a keeper! Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: