Talk

Advanced search

Non stop eating!

(4 Posts)
Blossomania Thu 25-Nov-10 16:47:13

I am wondering if anyone else has the same problem as me......my 21 month old son wants to eat all the time. He has a huge appetite which is great but he is constantly pointing at the fridge for more food even when I know he's had enough. He doesn't seem to have a 'stop' gauge. From the minute he wakes he thinks about food. I can't even eat in front of him so breakfast is really difficult. I can eat lunch when he's asleep. He eats so quickly that eating with him doesn't work because he's finished while I'm just starting! I know most parents have a nightmare with their toddlers being fussy eaters but it is very stressful to have a child constanty demanding food. I make sure he gets protein twice a day which I know is very important. Can anyone help/ Is anyone in the same situation??

stinkypants Fri 26-Nov-10 14:33:00

is he overweight? does he eat healthy food? if no and yes, i wouldnt worry (-:
try the low GI type stuff which should keep him fuller for longer maybe, eg porrige.
my little boy is a little scoffer too and we spoke to the hv about it but she was not at all concerned.

Irate Fri 26-Nov-10 18:10:18

My just 3 year old is in the middle of a stage like this too, it is stressful, he does it for attention as well as having a large appetite (has a baby sister), I just limit his intake to very healthy food only and sometimes say he needs to wait a small while if i feel he has overeaten, the Dr was unconcerned.

Blossomania Mon 29-Nov-10 15:42:57

Thank you so much for your replies. It is stressful when he keeps wanting food non stop but I am lucky I suppose that he has a healthy appetite and eats well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: