Talk

Advanced search

What to do with rose water

(14 Posts)
evansmummy Tue 23-Nov-10 18:29:50

I've bought a bottle to make rose water creams (like peppermint only with rose instead). But I will only be using a tablespoon or so and want to know wnat to do with the rest of it.

Any ideas?

TIA

taffetacat Tue 23-Nov-10 20:50:32

Nigel Slater has a divine rosewater, pistachio and lemon cake. I've made it a few times, its beautiful and delicately delicious.

Rosewater is used a lot in Middle Eastern cooking. I used it last Boxing Day, a few drops sprinkled on a platter of dates and oranges.

aseriouslyblondemoment Wed 24-Nov-10 00:14:27

iirc it's also used in nigella's plate trifle recipe from 'domestic goddess'
but it can also be used in buttercreams for cupcakes

daimbardiva Wed 24-Nov-10 14:49:18

Ooh that Nigel Slater cake sounds divine - I also have excess rose water. What about orange flower water, any ideas for that?

WildPansy Wed 24-Nov-10 14:50:54

I mix it with icing sugar to make glace icing for fairy cakes. Very nice.

goodlifemummy Thu 25-Nov-10 18:39:47

My friend drinks it (in small quantities) because she says it makes her blush foofoo taste nice!!! Slightly off topic - sorry!!

flamingpants Thu 25-Nov-10 18:49:11

pour it down the sink. it is the spawn of saturn.

canyou Thu 25-Nov-10 18:52:06

Turkish delight or mrshmallows.
mixed berry, rose water and yoghurt cake

Alouiseg Thu 25-Nov-10 18:56:54

These all sound delicious

milkmoustache Thu 25-Nov-10 19:21:19

Small amount in rice pudding is gorgeous

MooMinCow Fri 26-Nov-10 17:10:33

Use it as a facial toner?

MrsColumbo Fri 26-Nov-10 23:12:51

I used rose water in the marshmallow filling for whoopie pies, and have also used it in syrup to pour over a semolina and greek yoghurt cake.

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 26-Nov-10 23:19:34

I made a pistachio and rosewater kulfi once- but beware of going overboard with rosewater- it can be very strong..

evansmummy Tue 30-Nov-10 19:38:13

Completely forgot I'd posted this! Sorry! My rosewater creams turned out to be pants. The stuff I got obviously wasn't very strong, and I'm really disappointed.

Might try some of these though and see how they go. If they're anything like the creams, they won't taste of rose at all. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now