Talk

Advanced search

How would you cook a pork fillet tenderloin?

(7 Posts)
gettingout Tue 23-Nov-10 16:42:08

I have pancetta as I had a vague idea they went together when I bought the pork but I'm a bit clueless to be honest. Will I roll the pork in the pancetta? should I put anything else in?
Thanks.

gettingout Tue 23-Nov-10 16:53:32

any ideas?? I'm getting ready to cremate it.

suiledonne Tue 23-Nov-10 16:56:04

Is it the long, lean piece of meat?

Is so I usually cut a slit down the length and stuff it using a mix of onions, herbs butter and breadcrumbs.

You could stuff and then wrap with the pancetta.

gettingout Tue 23-Nov-10 16:59:34

Mmmm sounds good. I hadn't thought of slicing and stuffing it blush I'm not much of a cook, can you tell? Ok if it weighs half a kilo unstuffed how long and what temp would you cook it for? And do you cover in foil. Sorry for being so bloody clueless.

suiledonne Tue 23-Nov-10 17:39:01

It doesn't take very long to cook. I usually wrap mine in foil and open it halfway through to get it nice and brown on the outside.

I'd say maybe 45 mins. 350F.

I only put a little of the stuffing in the meat and do the rest in foil. If you have a lot of stuffing it might take longer.

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 24-Nov-10 11:14:35

Very jealous. We had this at the weekend, sliced into circles and cooked with seedy mustard, onions and cream.

tb Wed 24-Nov-10 12:39:03

Have it sliced across into small medallions, and in a casserole with smoked paprika and sliced mushrooms. Could always add little bits of bacon, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now