Talk

Advanced search

leg of lamb done in slow cooker....never done it before any tips??

(5 Posts)
simpson Wed 17-Nov-10 16:34:13

Hi

I have bought a half a leg of lamb today which I am going to cook on saturday using the slow cooker.

I was going to do it on a bed of carrots, leeks & onion and do some roast spuds in the oven when the lamb is almost done <<drool>>

But just wondering if I need to brown it first and do I need to trim the fat off??

Also do I need to put any stock in? Normally when I do a whole chicken I just bung a stock cube in but no liquid iyswim.

Thanks smile

SylvanianFamily Wed 17-Nov-10 16:39:54

Better is you give it a good searing first.

You might have a problem with the veggies over cooking if theyr,e all on the bottom.

I,ve had better result with things wrapped around the lamb ( like a cross between a roast and a casserole)

LIZS Wed 17-Nov-10 16:44:45

I would brown it off and put it on a trivet or rolled up tinfoil, to allow juices to drain , minimal amount of liquid but you will need enough to cover the veg if you put them in the bottom.

simpson Wed 17-Nov-10 16:46:11

Do you think I would be better to start the meat first then add the veg later?

CarGirl Wed 17-Nov-10 16:47:26

I think I browned mine in the wok and then just slow cooked it all day with some rosemary.

WAs a huge joint, tasted yummy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: