Talk

Advanced search

leg of lamb done in slow cooker....never done it before any tips??

(5 Posts)
simpson Wed 17-Nov-10 16:34:13

Hi

I have bought a half a leg of lamb today which I am going to cook on saturday using the slow cooker.

I was going to do it on a bed of carrots, leeks & onion and do some roast spuds in the oven when the lamb is almost done <<drool>>

But just wondering if I need to brown it first and do I need to trim the fat off??

Also do I need to put any stock in? Normally when I do a whole chicken I just bung a stock cube in but no liquid iyswim.

Thanks smile

SylvanianFamily Wed 17-Nov-10 16:39:54

Better is you give it a good searing first.

You might have a problem with the veggies over cooking if theyr,e all on the bottom.

I,ve had better result with things wrapped around the lamb ( like a cross between a roast and a casserole)

LIZS Wed 17-Nov-10 16:44:45

I would brown it off and put it on a trivet or rolled up tinfoil, to allow juices to drain , minimal amount of liquid but you will need enough to cover the veg if you put them in the bottom.

simpson Wed 17-Nov-10 16:46:11

Do you think I would be better to start the meat first then add the veg later?

CarGirl Wed 17-Nov-10 16:47:26

I think I browned mine in the wok and then just slow cooked it all day with some rosemary.

WAs a huge joint, tasted yummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now