Talk

Advanced search

Silicon Bakeware - instructions!

(6 Posts)
bred Mon 15-Nov-10 13:19:15

Damn, gone and thrown the instructions. I thought you bunged the mixture in and that was it, but my parkin has stuck to the bottom twice. What am I doing wrong? Does it need greasing?

TIA.

Indith Mon 15-Nov-10 13:22:01

It shouldn't need greasing. I do find though that I have to let things cool more than on a metal tray before trying to turn them out else they do leave bits behind.

bred Mon 15-Nov-10 13:23:39

Right, so I will try to be patient and leave till cold next time! I did leave a bit longer today but maybe not long enough. Still, scraping bits off the bottom is still quicker than lining a tin!
Thanks Indith.

Indith Mon 15-Nov-10 13:40:44

Hope it works now I've said that! I have bun cases that are wonderful and a square cake tin I tend to use for brownies and it works very well.

lucy101 Mon 15-Nov-10 13:42:09

I give them a quick spray with olive oil before I put the mixture in as sometimes they do stick otherwise.

Kitta Tue 16-Nov-10 19:04:51

It depends on what I'm making, if it's something really moist I do give it a quick wipe with the lakeland cake release stuff. But as sais earlier you really need to let it cool you should actually be able to see the tiny tiny gap appear between the cake etc and the case before turning it out. I also give it a few 20/30seconds after I turn it before I lift the tray off if that makes sense?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now