Talk

Advanced search

make ahead savoury biscuits?

(7 Posts)
Tinkerisdead Sun 14-Nov-10 13:22:54

Im making hampers for the grandparents and wanted to make some savoury biscuits to go with cheese, but all our parents are divorced/remarried so I have to make 4 lots plus DH's nan and as they wont keep long once made I want to get organised now.

So, any recipes for savoury biscuits that I could make to dough stage and freeze etc?

I've googled but i keep getting so many that I'd rather ask on here for some tried and tested ones. I'd prefer some that are nice and crisp rather than puffy/doughy.

Anyone?

taffetacat Sun 14-Nov-10 17:56:29

I have a Sarah Raven recipe for very cheesy biscuits which I did last year, they are very yum. They store in an airtight container for a week. Can post recipe if you like.

taffetacat Sun 14-Nov-10 17:57:48

....they aren't crisp, btw, not like crackers at all. More like a very small cheesy butter biscuit, iyswim.

TrillianAstra Sun 14-Nov-10 18:02:28

Lurking because I want to know too.

I make Nigella's cheese stars but they are pastry-ish not crispy.

Basically 1 butter: 2 flour: 3 grated cheese + some paprika, roll out, cut out shapes, and bake until they look cooked.

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 14-Nov-10 22:06:08

oat cakes good with cheese hamper gifts. but they are crispy either.

is crispy a definite?

Herecomesthesciencebint Sun 14-Nov-10 22:06:46

have you lokoed on good food website? their receipes are usually pretty well tested and also rated with comments which i always find really helpful.

Tinkerisdead Mon 15-Nov-10 12:59:30

Thank you for the suggestions, I was after crisp ones as I thought they probably go better with cheese as opposed to a cheesy biscuit IYSWIM.

the good food website gave me the best contender really with the sea salt ones. Do you think its okay to make these up to baking and freeze, then cook in batches later?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now