Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bread advice please

(5 Posts)
linconlass Fri 03-Sep-10 21:21:03

Does anyone know how long you have to wait to eat homemade bread after cooking it...i know that it continues to cook after taken out of oven and im unsure if this cd give tum ache if eat when hot ...

UptoapointLordCopper Fri 03-Sep-10 21:45:28

Have eaten almost straight out of oven a parsnip and rosemary loaf. But a bit difficult to slice. And no tummy ache,. Usually eat rolls as soon as they stop burning fingers too, and no tummy ache. HTH.

AMumInScotland Fri 03-Sep-10 22:03:52

In our house, till it's cooled enough not to burn your fingers when you try to cut it!

nannyl Sat 04-Sep-10 16:37:22

i doubt hot bread could give you a tummy ache,
agree with once you can touch it enough to slice it, although its diffuclt to clice neatly when hot or still warm

bluesky4 Sat 04-Sep-10 21:53:16

If it is cooked though (ie when you take it out of the oven and rap your knuckles on the back it sounds hollow) it is fine to eat straight away.

However, I would not cut into a loaf until it has cooled for at least 10 mins, because like someone else said here, it is still cooking and might be a bit doughy.

I have (and my kids and DH) eaten part baked rolls that are still (ahem) part baked, and we have suffered no ill effects. The bread was just a bit doughy inside.

waiting to eat it is part of the fun of baking bread IMO.

enjoy! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now