Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Meal planning with morning sickness?

(4 Posts)
JumpJockey Fri 06-Aug-10 14:57:46

I'm 12 weeks with dc2 and have still got general nausea a lot of the time. When it comes to trying to meal plan for the week (before going to the shops) I find myself going Hmmm, I really don't fancy anything at all.

How do you persuade yourself to plan food that you'll have to eat even if you don't feel up to it?! Any foolproof week-long plans for 2 adults and a toddler, generally dd has leftovers of our dinner the following day for her tea as she eats a lot earlier than us. Thanks!

dairymoo Mon 09-Aug-10 18:42:49

I remember this well, and you have my sympathies.

I think I used to think of a few recipes that I knew I could cook easily and were likely to be deemed edible if I was feeling icky.

Also, tended to just buy store cupboard & fridge staples that could be used in a variety of ways - i.e. mince, eggs, pancetta, chopped toms, yada yada. That way I could usually conjure up something remotely appealing each night.

I normally do the same as you and eat with my DH and leave leftovers for the DTs but actually found it easier to prepare a meal after lunch (when DTs were sleeping), and then eat it with them at about 6ish, rather than wait until later.

Also meant I was free to go to bed as soon as DH had walked in the door and I'd shown him his supper! grin

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Tue 10-Aug-10 18:41:07

Oh I do sympathise - I've got the same thing now.

I usually buy a twin pack of mince and make one enormous bolognaise and then eat what we're going to eat that night (and DC next day) and then I freeze it to make lasagne / chilli / more bol.

Buy a whole chicken and roast it with roast veg or salad and garlic bread / home baked wedges or chips. DD can eat cold chicken the next day with pasta & cheese sauce or bread and butter and cut up veggies?

Baked potatoes, salad and ham/cheese
Pasta & Pesto
Pie & steamed veggies

I'll have a thing more some more.

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Tue 10-Aug-10 18:41:50

sorry about that awful last sentence!!

I will have a think for some more!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now