Talk

Advanced search

Meal planning with morning sickness?

(4 Posts)
JumpJockey Fri 06-Aug-10 14:57:46

I'm 12 weeks with dc2 and have still got general nausea a lot of the time. When it comes to trying to meal plan for the week (before going to the shops) I find myself going Hmmm, I really don't fancy anything at all.

How do you persuade yourself to plan food that you'll have to eat even if you don't feel up to it?! Any foolproof week-long plans for 2 adults and a toddler, generally dd has leftovers of our dinner the following day for her tea as she eats a lot earlier than us. Thanks!

dairymoo Mon 09-Aug-10 18:42:49

I remember this well, and you have my sympathies.

I think I used to think of a few recipes that I knew I could cook easily and were likely to be deemed edible if I was feeling icky.

Also, tended to just buy store cupboard & fridge staples that could be used in a variety of ways - i.e. mince, eggs, pancetta, chopped toms, yada yada. That way I could usually conjure up something remotely appealing each night.

I normally do the same as you and eat with my DH and leave leftovers for the DTs but actually found it easier to prepare a meal after lunch (when DTs were sleeping), and then eat it with them at about 6ish, rather than wait until later.

Also meant I was free to go to bed as soon as DH had walked in the door and I'd shown him his supper! grin

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Tue 10-Aug-10 18:41:07

Oh I do sympathise - I've got the same thing now.

I usually buy a twin pack of mince and make one enormous bolognaise and then eat what we're going to eat that night (and DC next day) and then I freeze it to make lasagne / chilli / more bol.

Buy a whole chicken and roast it with roast veg or salad and garlic bread / home baked wedges or chips. DD can eat cold chicken the next day with pasta & cheese sauce or bread and butter and cut up veggies?

Baked potatoes, salad and ham/cheese
Pasta & Pesto
Pie & steamed veggies

I'll have a thing more some more.

RememberToPlaywiththeKids Tue 10-Aug-10 18:41:50

sorry about that awful last sentence!!

I will have a think for some more!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: