Talk

Advanced search

Thorntons 'Origins'

(9 Posts)
DaddyCool Mon 22-Aug-05 08:48:46

wow... that's all i have to say. has anyone else seen this.

DW bought me a box of Thornton's origins for my birthday.

The box is a metal tin full of single origin chocolates (like a single malt whisky but a 'single malt' chocolate if you will) and a manual on how to taste the different types of chocolate from around the world. one half is truffles and the like but the other side is little samplers of each type of chocolate and you're supposed to taste them in a specific order and in a specific way.

orgasmic.

mumtosomeone Mon 22-Aug-05 08:51:08

oh wow!
off to thorntons outlet shop tomorrow now!!!

Iklboo Mon 22-Aug-05 08:51:14

OH MY LORD! That sounds amazing. Must tell DH I've developed and insatiable pregnancy craving for these and MUST have them

mumtosomeone Mon 22-Aug-05 08:52:24

did you share?

cadbury Mon 22-Aug-05 08:54:03

how have I missed these?

Hausfrau Mon 22-Aug-05 09:02:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DaddyCool Mon 22-Aug-05 09:06:49

i tried to share but dw wasnt interested. she hasn't got much of a sweet tooth.

I was so pleased with it. i go nuts over chocolate.

DaddyCool Mon 22-Aug-05 09:13:20

i don't understand why companies do this. why would they add sorbitol to truffles for god sake! what's the matter with good old sugar. you don't go into thorntons with dieting on your mind do you. crazy isn't it.

i also got one of those little naff novelty fruit cakes from someone at work. i ate it (as you do), looked at the ingredients on the back and it had approx 15 e numbers in it. it's bloody fruit cake! what's the point in adding loads of e numbers!? and they weren't the standard ingredient e numbers either, they were the bad e numbers (colours etc). there was about three preservatives in it! it's fruit cake! it lasts for ever no matter what!

nevermind. back to origins

Hausfrau Mon 22-Aug-05 09:40:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now