Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Casserole or pie or similar recipe please!

(4 Posts)
lunavix Sun 21-Aug-05 20:43:57

I can do a red wine sausage casserole but that's it.. can I have some interesting suggestions please??

Hattie05 Sun 21-Aug-05 20:47:25

Sausage and leek.

In a saucepan, brown the sausages add the leeks some chopped onion. Fry all for about 5 mins. then sprinkle in some flour and slowly pour in about half a pint of milk stirring all the time.
Meanwhile in another saucepan boil some sliced potatoes (don't need to peel them, just slice thinly.)

Pour the sausage mixture into a casserole dish. Lay potatoes on top. Sprinkle grated cheese and breadcrumps ontop. Cook in oven for 20 - 30 minutes.

Delicious!

MummyJules Sun 21-Aug-05 21:23:41

Chicken Pie .

Left over roast chicken and even the gravy, any leftover vegetables or sauteed leeks and pea's are very nice.
White sauce made with a knob of butter, couple of tablespoons of flour put in when butter has melted and then lots of milk to make sauce. Mix all together and put either mashed potato and grated cheddar cheese or puff pastry

Fish Pie - Salmon or any white fish de boned and cut up in chunks.
Bring some milk up to the boil (gently) and add the fish and cook slowly for about 10 minutes or until the fish is lightly cooked. Strain the fish and leave on one side. Use the milk to make the white sauce as instructed in the chicken pie recipe.
Add any cooked vegetables again saute'd leeks and peas are very nice. Add half a packet of prawns, the fish and the white sauce and top with either mashed potato or puff pastry.

Will have a think and get back to you if I can remember anymore.

Jules

MummyJules Sun 21-Aug-05 21:24:38

Sorry forgot to say bake in the oven about 180 for about 35 mins or until it has browned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now