Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tatties

(8 Posts)
jenk1 Sat 20-Aug-05 11:51:22

the other day me and dd had tatties for dinner, i,d bought them ready made from goodness direct, dd loved them and she can only eat certain things as she has many allergies, i would like to make them but havent a clue..does anyone know how
thanks

mawbroon Sat 20-Aug-05 13:01:48

Bit confused by your post. Tatties are potatoes - how were they cooked? Were they mashed, boiled etc? Or was it something completely different being called Tatties?

nailpolish Sat 20-Aug-05 13:02:32

LOL! tatties are just potatoes

hymenlover Sat 20-Aug-05 13:03:58

also confused here... thought tatties was just a name for potatoes?

Catbert Sat 20-Aug-05 13:28:10

Suitably intrigued, the only thing I could find on that website was "Dragonfly Beany Organic Cabbage Tatty"... Was that it? Described as: 2 potato and rice pattys with the bubble & squeak taste?

If so, I would take the ingredients listed and have a go at making them myself. It's just bubble 'n' squeak with brown rice by the looks of it...

Catbert Sat 20-Aug-05 13:31:20

Cook and mash your potato without any additional butter and milk (to keep it dairy fee). Cook the brown rice until it's really soft. Cook some cabbage (steam it above your cooking potatoes). Fry up some onions, mix all together, squash into patty shapes and fry until brown on both sides... Voila! (hopefully)

colditz Sat 20-Aug-05 13:34:38

Jenk, are you talking about Neeps n Tatties? It's mashed potato with mashed turnip and/or parsnip.

jenk1 Sat 20-Aug-05 21:46:24

yes thats the one on the website, ive never had it before-did realise that tatties were just potatoes LOL
thanks for recipe catbert am going to have a go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now