Talk

Advanced search

Probably not really really flouncing, but venting anyway in a flouncy fashion

(14 Posts)
misshardbroom Mon 01-Jun-09 22:55:32

Why do people bother asking for advice if then they're going to get terribly passive-aggressive and touchy when the answer you provide (in all goodwill and attempt to be nice) doesn't meet their preconception?

AAAAAaaaaaarrrrrrggGGGGGGHHHHHhhhhhh!!!!!

It's like the bloody third form round here sometimes.

poopscoop Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:00

link immediately please

LaurieFairyCake Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:50

so, not only is this a half-flounce

it's also a thread about a thread

<head explodes> grin

Ronaldinhio Mon 01-Jun-09 22:58:47

arrgggghhhhhhh

also

misshardbroom Mon 01-Jun-09 23:00:45

sorry, not enough sleep, too much sun & generally bad tempered. I hate threads-about-threads too. Or would, if I wasn't flouncing off MN forever and ever and ever.

BecauseImWorthIt Mon 01-Jun-09 23:01:17

Link! Don't want to miss another good ruck!

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Jun-09 23:01:57

Steady tiger

1 thread about a thread - tut tut tut

2 truly a thicker skin will help you

3 chin up mate

misshardbroom Mon 01-Jun-09 23:05:10

oh OK it was this one.

I do feel bad for her. I've read her blog and it sounds like she's had a horrible start to motherhood.

But actually, all I was trying to say was not to use Gina Ford and her sodding book as a stick to beat yourself with... and I'm pretty sure I didn't mention a single solitary thing about breastfeeding considering that it would have been pretty bloody hypocritical of me with my 3 formula fed babies.

Sorry. Will calm down now.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 01-Jun-09 23:09:40

bloody hell, you are tired grin

there were half a dozen posts saying 'relax' and not just yours - she probably wasn't even aiming her comments at you.

Shall I pass you a glass of wine?

Overmydeadbody Mon 01-Jun-09 23:09:46

You do know that it's always messy round here when discussions turn to that woman's routines don't you grin

misshardbroom Mon 01-Jun-09 23:12:07

yes I know. Shouldn't have got involved with it, should have walked away, it's not worth it Darren....etc etc.

Yes please LaurieFairyCake a large glass of white would go down lovely.

Peaches174 Wed 10-Jun-09 04:54:39

Ooo! Am bumbling around MN after 4am feed and came across this... I think you are referringto comment I made, pls don't take offence I was definitely not aiming it directly at you at all. It was a general post in support of OP who sounded really stressed, she was just asking for a bit of advice and the first post back was somethinglike 'are you new here' I just thought that comment in particular was sarky, snobby, judgy and justnot very nice! If there is one thing being a new mum has taught me it's that your best intentions to do this, that or the other can verrry quickly fall by wayside and that we are all muddling through in best way we know how.

Pls don't flounce my comment was not a dig at you, just more of a general 'we are all sisters together'kind of thing.

misshardbroom Sat 13-Jun-09 19:41:11

Nooo, Peaches, nooo... your point was absolutely valid (having just been back and read over again! grin).

I was taking offence at the OP herself, not you, but I've calmed down about it now. And haven't flounced, as is probably evident by the fact I'm still here posting. I just marched off with lots of heavy sighing and door slamming but then snuck downstairs again later for a sandwich and a cuddle. That sort of flounce...

Peaches174 Sun 14-Jun-09 03:37:00

Im back rummaging around middle of the night and wondered if you saw my post!

Oh good! V glad I did not cause offence and glad you did not do a full flounce

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now