Talk

Advanced search

I think I'm done

(18 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Fri 19-Jul-19 18:55:15

I've been attacked for an error of judgement, been called a troll, had my account suspended, been accused of begging and now I can't seem to escape previous posts. I'm far too sensitive for MN it appears and I'm definitely going to have a break for a few months. I'm going to be a bit lost without MN...where should I try instead?

PurpleDaisies Fri 19-Jul-19 18:57:07

Reddit?

SciFiScream Fri 19-Jul-19 18:58:33

Name change, then lurk for a while before posting again?

RandomNameChange415 Fri 19-Jul-19 19:14:58

Take up Wikipedia editing. Just as addictive and time consuming and equally likely to land you in the middle of massive vitriolic bunfights, but arguably more productive.

Come back with a namechange once your TIO is clear.

AnneKipanki Fri 19-Jul-19 19:16:24

Daily Fail journalism ?

Whisky2014 Fri 19-Jul-19 19:18:37

I sometimes feel like this. Usually just leave it for a few week's then come back.

WatcherOfTheNight Fri 19-Jul-19 19:27:30

@MyGastIsFlabbered name change for a bit .
Sorry you are having a hard time thanks

Namechangeforthiscancershit Fri 19-Jul-19 19:35:57

Netmums?

MN IS robust. There isn't any getting around that. There is tons of support but you do have to take the rough with the smooth.

ShirleyPhallus Fri 19-Jul-19 19:37:33

Are you the poster from the Euro Disney thread? I thought you had an unfair kicking there

Name change and lurk for a while

BrexitBingoGenerator Fri 19-Jul-19 19:41:43

If you are the mum from the Euro Disney thread, then it’s horrible you feel this way- it will be the last thing you need!

It’s randoms on the internet so I agree with previous posters - change your username (although it’s a same because by it’s fab!) and lurk for a bit.

People on the internet can be awful, I’m so sorry.

NoBaggyPants Fri 19-Jul-19 19:50:00

Take care of yourself gast. There were people on that thread that took pleasure in kicking you when you were at your lowest. They must have pretty sad lives.

AnneKipanki Sat 20-Jul-19 10:56:55

Are you ok @MyGastIsFlabbered ?

MyFlabberIsAghast Mon 22-Jul-19 21:00:21

I deleted my account because I was so upset about the Disneyland Paris thread (yes that was me) and then someone bringing it up on another thread. Obviously I'm back but feeling ok. People who look to kick others when they're down have far more missing in their life than me and it says far more about them than me.

AnneKipanki Tue 23-Jul-19 08:32:11

I made the "mistake " of venturing onto feminism under another name .
OMG .
Did not understand the terminology.
Was not born with it .

AnneKipanki Tue 23-Jul-19 08:34:54

As long as you are ok ....

dudsville Tue 23-Jul-19 08:37:22

None of those things you mention have ever happened to me, and it makes me wonder if there's something about how you communicate that, if adjusted, might make things easier for you. I don't look up poster's previous history so I'm not basing this on anything personal to you.

merrygoround51 Tue 23-Jul-19 08:45:07

I would name change and start afresh. However if you post something like the eurodisney thread then the responses will be quite pointed and I would consider not posting anything where you might be sensitive to the responses.

I have found that when I posted here I got some valuable advice that made me question my actions and helped me make better decisions. You do need to be able to take the arrows though !!

Weezol Tue 23-Jul-19 09:00:54

The outrage over the Disney thread befuddled me.

I have friends/colleagues aged from 17 to 82 and not one of them has Instagram. It's not the arbiter of all things.

Instagrammers - surely if you're going to put your entire life in the public domain you are inviting comment. 'Look at me, look at meeee! No, don't look at me now that I'm behaving badly! Waaah, privacy, bullying, trauma' doesn’t really cut it for me when you're pimping your kids for freebies and likes.

I hope you feel you can namechange and stay. I take a week or month off every so often which helps.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »