Talk

Advanced search

A thankyou flounce!

(3 Posts)
Flouncymcfloutyface Tue 05-Feb-19 16:03:08

I've name changed for this but I nc frequently so no one would really recognise me anyway so it's neither here nor there!
Ive been off and on mumsnet for a couple of years, it was a place to get interaction and "talk" with the outside world when I was at my lowest, I have asd and was deeply depressed and basically never went outdoors. So i was constantly scrolling through seeing what people were doing, getting that interaction that i wasn't getting in the real world. It was a godsend and I didn't feel as cut off as I did, Some mn have pulled me out of thr darkest times I've had and made me laugh so much with some of the ridiculous threads!
I'm a lot better now, I go outside, I interact with the outside world but still find myself scrolling through sometimes rather then doing something difficult, so I'm going full cold turkey to basicallt force myself into these situations! So I will be sitting looking at a post of what someone ate at a cafe rather then going myself hmm So going to get rid of the online addiction!

Not so much an epic flounce, but a thank you for anyone who's posts I read, cried and laughed at for helping me get back into the real world and a goodbye as now I'm going there full time! Wish me luck!

winebrewcakeflowersbear

BoreOfWhabylon Fri 08-Feb-19 00:09:10

Good luck!

ReaganSomerset Fri 08-Feb-19 15:05:25

Good luck! What a lovely, positive post. I'm glad you're doing so much better now. Well done, you!

Bye! Take care! Have a great time out there in the real world. smile

waves handkerchief tearfully

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »