Talk

Advanced search

I Hate SPORTS DIRECT

(6 Posts)
Hawts Fri 31-Aug-18 09:31:30

Can you believe that I’ve signed up to Mums Net just to off load this shit.
I had to enter that ‘train reck’ Of a shop yesterday as my son required an Under Armour ruck sac for school. There it was, I could see it from the door so I stepped inside. That’s when your game of Pacman’ starts and the ghost is chasing you down all the dead ends. The one and only bag they had was damaged. I handed it to the bearded assistant who wouldn’t look out of place on the mountains of Mordor! As soon as my back was turned he put it back! Disgusted, I left to find another store.
This time PAC Man had to go deeper into the game and the obstacles were plenty. Shoe boxes on the floor, other players bumping into me, feral kids and the brain dead staff. Why anyone would venture in with a pushchair is beyond comprehension. Found the bag I needed but it was hanging from the feckin ceiling! PAC Man now needs to find staff who know where the hook is to get the dam thing down. Breath!
Mission accomplished I take it to the BACK of the hedge maze and pay the £26 in cash. What no contactless? What’s the problem? Do I have two heads? Oh no wait you have to give me change. “Do you want a bag for £1?” No, I don’t think I need a bag for a bag. I certainly don’t want to advertise this death trap fire hazard of a store or admit to anyone that I’ve ever shopped here!
The mission to then exit promptly and directly, failed. By the time I’d forced my way through I was covered in Lonsdale and Karrimoor! NEVER AGAIN! My son will be taking his school books in a carrier bag next year. THE END. (Feel so much better now)

Phosphorus Fri 31-Aug-18 09:36:30

You sound horrible.

And it's a bit much calling the staff 'brain dead' when your spelling is so bad.

Maybe you should shop online, much more pleasant for you and others.

NiceViper Fri 31-Aug-18 09:41:42

Well, joining just to flounce is a new one on me!

So here's the traditional hearty "bye and don't let the door hit you in the arse in the way out'

TamiTayorismyparentingguru Fri 31-Aug-18 09:44:24

Ooh I’m with you on that one OP - that shop is known as “the seventh circle of hell” in this house. I swear my blood pressure is raised just walking past it

Annamadrigal Fri 31-Aug-18 09:44:33

Strange reaction Phosphorus confused

Ach, just order online then you might get one of their massive mugs to cherish forever!

Invisimamma Fri 31-Aug-18 10:19:51

You're not being very nice about the staff, you do know they're all on zero hour contracts and just trying to make a living just Google 'sportd direct working conditions'

But I agree the shop is a nightmare and all the shit they try to sell you at the till, water bottle, mug, gaint calculators. Shame it's so cheap and my son is very spotty do often the only place I can get what he needs.

I hate lining Mike Ashley's pockets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »