Talk

Advanced search

Unflouncing/returning

(14 Posts)
SooFlora Fri 08-Sep-17 19:58:52

Thank you User1853somethingsomething (you used to be somebody) for your post, I didn't flounce exactly, but am a returner.

Only in my head was I flounce perfection (swish, flick, pivot, exit) but I didn't do anything other than deactivate my account & delete the MN icon from my favourites bar.

Unlike Usertobesomebody I wasn't a prolific poster or that known, but neither am I a newbie so felt that forum was inappropriate for my needs.

I'm unflouncing after about 3 years (or more) and being polite by saying hello.

So hello Flouncers. I understand your flounces, but it doesn't have to be forever.

smile

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:02:43

So how does it seem after 3 years away shock!

Anecdoche Fri 08-Sep-17 20:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:04:41

Have to admit I've never flounced. Not at all known and change names every so often. I've had a few periods of not being on MN as much and I know when I need a break soon

SooFlora Fri 08-Sep-17 20:18:09

It seems the same, a little tense at times, some golden threads, etc., mostly interesting/amusing.

If I'd been away a week I'd not have announced my return, I have a little pride. Three (ish) years though and I feel like I'm so behind the times, and am stumbling back into a party after being rude to the host & insulting all the guests. (I didn't).

I'm not even sure which forum to choose, I used to lurk on AIBU.

But I like a debate too.

And a light hearted love lollop so any recommendations gratefully received!

SooFlora Fri 08-Sep-17 20:19:39

Not a LOVE LOLLOP!!! Just a lollop. FFS. cries

blush

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:21:22

There's been many many ructions of late.

As there have been regularly over the years. But the consensus seems to be the place is overrun with trolls. Mostly in AIBU!!

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:22:05

I was politely ignoring your love lollop. There's a sex topic you know grin

SooFlora Fri 08-Sep-17 20:27:39

Can't say I'm surprised (and thanks for ignoring my love lollops) phew

Same happened on another site, went to the dogs it did... now closed because obviously no fun anymore.

Bah. I thought MN were quite good with Troll Management? Although after long enough I think it just jades everyone.

Ah well, I'll not unreturn just yet...

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:31:30

Don't just take my word for it. The responsibility!! I can't handle it!! Have a look round yourself and suss it out. You might find it Ok...

EarlessToothlessVagabond Fri 08-Sep-17 20:32:38

I must nosily enquire what the other site was? Bad Mothers Club?

SooFlora Fri 08-Sep-17 20:41:58

Nooo...

Bounty Debates.

Many, many moons ago.

angelinwellies Mon 22-Jan-18 21:02:17

Hello. I used to be here a lot 7yrs ago. Returning to see what it’s like. Any changes? grin

BobLemon Fri 05-Oct-18 23:35:41

ZOMBIE(ish). Any returning flouncers from long ago, I’d like to ask - particularly if you lurk in AIBU and generally the trending topics - have you noticed an increase in “I have anxiety, btw” posters? It seems that every second post there’s a MH drip feed. I know MN isn’t RL, but how are there so many? Really? Is this new?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »