Talk

Advanced search

Ledkr signing out

(65 Posts)
Ledkr Sun 30-Apr-17 20:29:17

Im off. Just wanted to say bye to all you lovejy people. You e been with me through the darkest days and I'd like to think I've helped a few people too.
It's not what it was here. You just literally can't say a thing without some total twat jumping down your throat.
I've met one of my now closet friends on her (Getorf) so I don't regret it but I'm off to find a life.
Love to all who have helped me x

Christinayangstwistedsista Sun 30-Apr-17 20:29:52

Nooooooo

Wolfiefan Sun 30-Apr-17 20:30:35

Sorry to hear this Ledkr and hope I've not been the twat!
Enjoy the life you find. Xx

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 30-Apr-17 20:32:09

Take care and enjoy real life

exLtEveDallas Sun 30-Apr-17 20:32:44

That's a shame Ledkr, you will be missed. Give my regards to GetOrf the next time you see her, nice to hear that you are friends.
Catch ya.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Sun 30-Apr-17 20:32:51

Ah shoot Ledkr sorry to hear that. You are one of the good 'uns. Hope you pop back sometime.

Very best wishes for the future and all that.

Say hi to GetOrf for me - I miss her!

IAmNoMan Sun 30-Apr-17 20:32:52

I'm a longtime name changer. Sorry to see you go buy I agree with you sad

ohforfoxsake Sun 30-Apr-17 20:36:22

Aw sorry to see you are off. Getorf was one of my faves too. It's not the same, I agree. I do wonder what happened to those familiar posters. Too many User1234566 etc. Like you, I've made some cracking RL friends thanks to MN. I'm grateful for that.

Gunpowder Sun 30-Apr-17 20:36:54

That's such a shame. You are one of the posters I remember from when I joined 5 years ago.
I know what you mean though. sad There is more meaness, and about everything.

bonzo77 Sun 30-Apr-17 20:39:03

There's a lot of po faced, disingenuous, argumentative, professionally offended twat mongery at the moment. If you leave @ledkr, they win.

PhilODox Sun 30-Apr-17 20:40:46

You will be missed, ledkr flowers

meditrina Sun 30-Apr-17 20:41:14

So sorry to read this ledkr but I can see where you're coming from.

Say hello to GOML for me.

All the best, and with the hope (but not necessarily the expectation) that you'll sneak back in a few months.

SellFridges Sun 30-Apr-17 20:42:19

I agree Ledkr, I very rarely post anything meaningful nowadays.

Lots of love and luck to you and yours, from a fellow February birther who you met at the MAC one day x

WellErrr Sun 30-Apr-17 20:45:38

You know, I know people always say 'oh but it's always been like that here' but I really don't think it has.
You're right Ledkr; far too much twattery, user12464254s and the professionally offended.

I only drop in every week or so now. Will you drop in now and then? You'll be missed smile

Finola1step Sun 30-Apr-17 20:46:25

I hear you Ledkr. Even in the 8 or so years since I've been on here, things have really changed. Agree too many User45368642 etc etc. Too many posters who just want to start a bun fight, sit back and watch awhile, then come back and kick the OP when she's down. With a big virtual grin on their face while doing it.

You will be missed.

ShelaghTurner Sun 30-Apr-17 20:46:36

Long time name changer here too. Sorry to see you go although I completely get why you are going. It has changed and anyone who says otherwise is talking bollocks. All the best x

Coconutty Sun 30-Apr-17 20:47:18

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from.

treaclesoda Sun 30-Apr-17 20:47:28

I'm sorry to read this Ledkr. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. I always loved Getorf too, she always made me laugh.

BIWI Sun 30-Apr-17 20:47:56

Oh no, Ledkr! What happened?
Are you on Twitter? Any other way to keep in touch?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 30-Apr-17 20:48:41

Don't go Ledkr

PUGaLUGS Sun 30-Apr-17 20:50:51

Longtime name changer here too.

Sorry you are going, I like your posts, totally get where you are coming from though, it certainly ain't what it used to be.

Please say hello to Getorf for me, she is lovely. Met her at a London meet up, she will know me as Bella.

thecatfromjapan Sun 30-Apr-17 20:51:25

Ledkr, I'm really sorry you're leaving. sad I'll miss you.

Had no idea you were Getorff's mate. That's lovely. I made RL friends here, too. It's the best when that happens. smile Please pass on my love to Getorff, too. I miss her very much - she used to make me laugh so much, when I really, really needed cheering up.

I really am sad you're not going to be around. Have a lovely time on the other side of the screen. May your days be filled with sunshine and joy. xx

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sun 30-Apr-17 20:52:33

I'm sorry to see you go but you are right. It's so different now.

Ginslinger Sun 30-Apr-17 20:53:04

oh you're leaving us to the huns - don't go......<grabs legs and throws tantrum>

QuintessentialShadow Sun 30-Apr-17 20:53:47

Good for you!

Real life is good. You just need to step out of the MN bubble, and take a good breathe!

In time you may be able to dip in an out, every couple of months, like I have in the last two years. Best thing I have done, and got my life on track in the process.

Good luck! flowers

strawberryblondebint Sun 30-Apr-17 20:54:07

Nooooo!!! You were up duffed at the same time as me with the littlest one. I was there for all the mad pil threads. Don't go. You have helped loads of folk. And get orf is awesome too. Nae flouncin. Stay and make it good again

GiraffesAndButterflies Sun 30-Apr-17 20:54:47

Oh sad I doubt you're aware of me as I don't post much, but I've always liked reading your posts. All the best flowers

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sun 30-Apr-17 20:59:20

We do seem overrun with chewy faced, humourless bastards. sad Godspeed Ledkrcake

FlouncingInTheRain Sun 30-Apr-17 20:59:50

I think part of the problem has been all the name changing. I had one name for years but then after the hacking and security issues etc started name changing fairly regularly. So many others doing the same its a bit annonymous, even though I don't know anyone in real life off here that I can tally with a user name, I don't see so many names I recognise. Its depersonalised (I may have invented that word).

I wish you well as one of the few names I recognise. Theres always the option to pop back in.

DramaAlpaca Sun 30-Apr-17 21:02:12

Sorry to see you go, you've always seemed like a decent sort. Shame there are fewer and fewer decent sorts on here these days. All the best to you.

Cocolepew Sun 30-Apr-17 21:02:40

Sorry to see you go sadflowers

3littlebadgers Sun 30-Apr-17 21:05:25

Nooo! I liked reading your posts. May RL treat you well flowers

rosawitch Sun 30-Apr-17 21:05:48

name change like everyone else and keep posting??

LizzieVereker Sun 30-Apr-17 21:09:30

I wish you well, Ledkr. I've always enjoyed reading your posts, and I'll miss seeing you around. I understand why you're going though.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sun 30-Apr-17 21:09:58

If anyone is interested, I'm starting a thread in S&B about how much I love biker jackets but its for general chat. I can't see it attracting many arseholes or Daily Fail trawlers. Lets call it a wormhole.wink

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 30-Apr-17 21:12:18

☹️

ChocAuVin Sun 30-Apr-17 21:14:07

Another who has been here for a decade but since the hacking lost access and name changed. I have been posting again more this year after a few years sporadic (used to be 24/7!) and yep... 'tis totally different and much more unkind. sad

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sun 30-Apr-17 21:15:52

Is there a reason all the new users are keep the user1245 names etc? It really is killing the site.

MyCalmX Sun 30-Apr-17 21:19:01

First time I've actually been sad to see someone flounce (also a serial name-changer)

I don't know the thread that this decision was made off but please take a break, come back and name-change and see how you feel?

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sun 30-Apr-17 21:24:42

sad

FlaviaAlbia Sun 30-Apr-17 21:25:26

Noo Ledkr sad you'll be missed. Sorry the bastards got you down flowerswine

ssd Sun 30-Apr-17 21:26:41

I seen your other thread where some humourless git was giving you a hard time, it's all "there are people out there much worse off than you" here all the time now, it does get boring

but you shouldn't let it bother you so much, stuff them and let them polish up their halo's all they want if it makes them happy.

keep posting and reading and being you.

hazeyjane Sun 30-Apr-17 21:28:48

Oh, bollocks.

Mooey89 Sun 30-Apr-17 21:29:26

Noooo!
I agree Mumsnet is not what it once was.
Also, and this cunty, but I have admired you from afar, so to hear you're flouncing but hope real life treats you well.

RJnomore1 Sun 30-Apr-17 21:31:54

LED do you have to go?

WandaOver Sun 30-Apr-17 21:32:01

Pop back soon?
Getorfmoiland was probably the first MNer I noticed. She was funny.
I've changed my name a lot since the hacking and agree it was better when you recognised people. I've made two rl friends on here.

ScarletForYa Sun 30-Apr-17 21:44:14

Ahhh. You're right though it's shit. Just a loaf of bullies marauding around spoiling for a fight.

sad

ApplesinmyPocket Sun 30-Apr-17 21:45:33

Ahhh Ledkr don't go. I've seen you be very kind to people on here. The site needs more like you.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Sun 30-Apr-17 21:45:52

To be fair, its not just rude eejits ruining mn, its also all the trolling. It's just got too big. I think sticking to the same board telly/doghouse or whatever is probably the safest option. I hope you change your mind ledkr

BlessThisMess Sun 30-Apr-17 21:46:11

Sorry to hear that Ledkr. I hope you and your daughter thrive and do well. xx

FeralBeryl Tue 02-May-17 12:00:05

Oh no sad I hope you take a hiatus and come back to us.
You've been such a fabulous poster over time.
May RL be lovely for you and yours flowers

1nsanityscatching Tue 02-May-17 12:12:49

Always enjoyed your posts, you will be missed flowers

VintagePerfumista Tue 02-May-17 12:15:24

Pass on my love to Getorf too (tell her it's Bucharest calling, she'll know me by that name)
It's not the "username" names that are ruining MN. It's not their fault they are given username-names when they sign in.
It's the "deleted to protect the OP's privacy" bollocks IMO.
And the professionally offended/twats.

flowers

FeralBeryl Tue 02-May-17 12:37:15

I've just typed out a massive reply to the thread that has tipped you over the edge but what's the point, have deleted it.
You were totally clear in what you were saying, I completely agree with you in that instance.
Walking around with a couple of you (who you fucking live with 24/7) is not the same as being with a gang of different people / adult company.
Especially if that's what you had planned. The dynamic is totally different.

Doesn't mean you don't love your children.

Doesn't mean you don't value their company.

Doesn't mean you can't feel a bit pissed off.

I'm angry now angry please don't leave us with these people determined to misread any kind of innocuous comments.

ScrambledSmegs Tue 02-May-17 12:47:26

Oh, bugger sad

Sorry to see you go. I didn't see this thread but I can imagine. It's why I post so rarely these days, it has changed and it is shit.

Have a lovely time finding that life thanks

Badders123 Tue 02-May-17 12:51:34

Sorry to see you go ledkr.
But if it's right for you then do it.
MN isn't the place it once was, for sure.
Lots of love ❤️

NavyandWhite Tue 02-May-17 13:00:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AFingerofFudge Tue 02-May-17 13:04:44

I get it, and I'll be sorry to see you go as I'm an old timer that has enjoyed reading posts by you.
You're right, it's not the same, there are a load of twats knocking about, but although I totally respect your decision, for me, I'm hanging around because every now and then, something that someone posts means something or teaches me something or helps. And maybe I just don't have enough friends in RL!!!

LineysRun Mon 15-May-17 06:12:46

This is such a bloody shame, but I get why.

ThisIsANiceCage Mon 15-May-17 06:36:02

Very sorry to see you go, Ledkr. GetOrf is also much missed.

cake and brew before you go.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 15-May-17 11:23:45

Sorry to read that you're going.

Know what you mean, it's a bit shit round here.

TheWitTank Thu 29-Jun-17 20:43:56

M

Zazen Thu 29-Jun-17 20:56:53

See you around ledkr. in the mouldier section
I don't bother to post anymore as it's become predictable, and overly pc. I think MNHQ sold us out to the Fail too, post beaker.

I think MN has a life cycle and it's good to move on. Love to getorf. Loved her sassy style.

I haven't bothered to flounce, as I wasn't particularly prolific halo gin

glenthebattleostrich Thu 29-Jun-17 21:02:41

Oh FFS, I do wish HQ would realise this place was far better when the lunatics were running the asylum. you can't type hello without some twat complaining and reporting you for some random shit. Or getting published in the mail / independent / on Matthew Wrights shit programme.

If I PM you can you at least email me rants about your inlaws? It won't be Christmas otherwise.

ophiotaurus Thu 29-Jun-17 21:20:38

Sorry glen ledkr left a few months ago. This is a zombie thread sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »