Another one bites the dust.

(8 Posts)
TAFKAMycatwasright Fri 08-Jul-16 11:31:59

NC'd so I won't be tempted to come back. Waiting for the de-reg.
I used to love this site. I spent many a night awake with insomnia reading the threads. I'm sad to let it go.
But the transphobia I've read from certain threads recently has disgusted me. I'm sickened and so angry.
I have many transgender friends. They're wonderful, brave, beautiful people. Not "men in a dress", "Women with a dick", predators who want to hang around in toilets to perve on women and children, going through the agony of dysphoria and being rejected by family just so they can infringe on women's rights. I've almost lost people I hold dear because they were struggling so much with being trans.

I appreciate anybody that was kind to mewhilst I was here. Thanks.

TiggyOBE Tue 02-Aug-16 21:16:42

The world is changing and there's always going to be a few stagglers trying to use stone tools in the iron age. Bye. x

nannanoonoo Tue 01-Nov-16 03:12:32

Please!! dont think of all of us in this way, some people are just ignorant of the facts, you could show them and us just what it entails, there are some small minded people who like to stir the mixture, the expression is " light the blue touch paper, then stand back and see what happens" your freind is special and so are you, good luck to you and your freind.

Albadross Thu 02-Feb-17 14:55:57

I honestly haven't seen anyone saying that trans people are pervs.

Sometimes we read things as black and white even when they're grey, especially when it triggers feelings connected to people we love. People here are genuinely interested in protecting trans people from being used as an appropriation by others who have an agenda. That's what I've seen. We need you to be part of the conversation so we can all understand each other better - don't leave!

Prawnofthepatriarchy Thu 02-Feb-17 16:35:52

If you see transphobic posts you should report them rather than flounce. Engaging in debate would be more productive. However I must say that every time there's a long trans thread we see a couple of posters who yell "transphobia!" but, when asked to pinpoint which posts are offensive, fail to do so. It that just pointing out that TW are male is enough to qualify as transphobia, which makes old Mother Nature one hell of a bigot!

Many of the women who oppose the trans activist.agenda point out that the militancy of this misogynistic group damages the interests of the quiet dysphoric TW just trying to get along more than any other group. Militant TRAs call old-school transsexuals "truscum", and several TW bloggers have posted in support of the feminists here. Then again there's the mother of a child with gender issues who relies on the Feminism Board for support. So it's not a black and white picture.

Feminists, by definition, oppose any belief in innate gender. There is no such thing as a pink brain. It doesn't mean we hate anyone.

Rixera Fri 03-Mar-17 21:18:16

OP, I agree.
They override anyone else's experience with ridicule, mockery, and blank eyed hate. I get bored easy so it'll be a short flounce from me but I can't deal with it. Every gently opposing viewpoint is leapt upon like a starved dog on raw meat and it's just as nauseating a sight.
The hypocrisy and venom is just so unpleasant and it's at an unavoidable intensity, arguing does nothing and it's just tiring. Too tiring.

BellonaBelladonna Fri 03-Mar-17 21:23:05

I agree with you. I've read some vile things on transphobic threads.
Good luck to your friends

Bluntness100 Fri 03-Mar-17 21:23:38

Sadly I agree to op, I dip in and out of them, put my opinion forward and then I just don't go back to look at the feeding frenzy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now