We're here to help with flexible jobs for you. Every job role we host is flexible, helping you to find a job that will support your lifestyle, not dictate it.
If you are a recruiter and would like to post a job, please click 'Post a job advert' below. You will then be able to upload the job spec and pay via PayPal. Job postings cost £200 plus VAT and will automatically be removed after 90 days.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Education Support Team Manager at the University of Birmingham(1 Post)
Area: College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Salary: Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,511 to £30,046 with potential progression once in post to £33,797
Band/Grade: Grade 6
Hours: Full time/Part time. Hours can be negotiated.
Duration: 1 x permanent post and 2 x FTC posts available. Available until July 2023 and July 2024
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Closing Date: 30th September 2021
To manage the delivery of administrative services underpinning the educational activities in the School, ensuring consistently high-quality assistance to all School staff and students. To support the quality of the student experience in the School.
The Education Support Team Manager will be required to work closely with the School Head of Operations, School Head of Education and Education Support Manager providing a proactive approach to implementing and developing academic and student administration support across one or more Schools in line with the College’s aims and objectives. This will require members of the team to be flexible in their responsibilities.
This role requires the post holder to contribute to the planning within the areas of responsibility for the role, make recommendations as appropriate, including continuous monitoring, and review systems and processes to ensure they remain fit-for-purpose, effective, and efficient. This will involve managing teams of College professional Services support staff who are principally engaged in administration and proactively developing and promoting good practice and new ways of working.
The postholder will be required to ensure that they and their team provide excellent customer service to students providing accurate advice on matters relating to study and University procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
• Education to A Level standard or equivalent.
• A proven record of data systems management and the implementation of effective quality systems.
• Significant experience of working within an office environment.
• Experience of working with computers (e.g. word processors) and a variety of software packages (e.g. word, excel, databases).
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience of team work, coordination, and managing change will.
• Experience of managing staff and their performance.
• Excellent organisational and project management skills.
• Be able to prioritise; work independently and able to prioritise complex and competing workloads.
• An ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, work to tight deadlines, and demonstrate personal judgement and resourcefulness.
• A focus on excellence and continuous service improvement.
• Be assertive and able to act decisively.
• Be proactive and flexible.
• Good negotiating and influencing skills.
• Ability to work well with different groups of people.
Informal enquiries can be made to Imogen Stone; firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full job description, please click the link: bham.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100015H&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.