We're here to help with flexible jobs for you. Every job role we host is flexible, helping you to find a job that will support your lifestyle, not dictate it.
If you are a recruiter and would like to post a job, please click 'Post a job advert' below. You will then be able to upload the job spec and pay via PayPal. Job postings cost £200 plus VAT and will automatically be removed after 90 days.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Senior Account Executive - Cratus Communications(1 Post)
At Cratus, our Account Executives are involved in all parts of the business and in almost every project.
This role is for someone with some experience in community engagement or communications & PR. You might be looking for more responsibility, for the opportunity to take the initiative and stand out or lead on some client-facing activity. You would work on a range of projects both pre- and post-planning consent to engage with a range of residents, stakeholders and community groups. The role is multifaceted and while the main activities are captured below, there may be other elements to the job which are not included.
Cratus is committed to providing equal opportunities and ensuring that team members can take advantage of flexible working within an inclusive and supporting working environment. For the right applicant, we would be open to discussing flexible working arrangements, including home working, part-time employment, a varied working pattern or job share. We encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria set out above irrespective of family and personal commitments.
Please note that all applications should be submitted via Cratus' website - www.cratus.co.uk/job-opportunities
The main strands of work are as follows:
1. Project support including some client lead work
2. Community engagement and community development
4. Supporting planning consultation engagement
5. Research and social media monitoring
6. Business development
7. Company responsibilities
Roles and responsibilities
Element 1 - Project support
● Direct client management
● Drafting community engagement and development strategies
● Ensuring the project deadlines are met and activity is forecast to meet project requirements
● Leading on some elements of the projects
● Organising and attending stakeholder meetings
Element 2 – Community engagement and community development
● Building community relationships and stakeholder networks
● Preparing and implementing in-depth community development strategies
● Drafting communications to support increased levels of community engagement
● Meeting with community stakeholders and adjusting strategies and communications programmes based on community needs and feedback
Element 3 - Communications
● Producing press releases for sign off by project lead
● Drafting newsletters, community letters and reports for sign off by project lead
● Preparing statements and responses for the media, council and community
● Preparing and implementing a comprehensive communications programme
Element 4 – Supporting planning consultation engagement
● Supporting our Planning colleagues with ongoing engagement and communication activity which complements the formal consultation process
● Advising on stakeholder management and community engagement avenues to conduct effective consultation
● Drafting communications to support consultation, ensuring a consistent tone of voice with other resident communications
● Recognising opportunities to cross-sell different Cratus services and share learning and resources across the business
Element 5 – Research and social media
● Inputting into proposals
● Organising and managing social media campaigning
○ Content development
○ Advertising strategies and implementation
● Social media research
Element 6 – Business development
● Identifying new business opportunities and pursuing them
● Developing own contact network and meeting with them
● Attending networking events
● Keeping up to date with local and sector press
● Writing marketing materials and newsletters
● Support team initiatives
Element 7 - Company
● Office administration as required
● Supporting development of interns and Cratus training programme
Skills we’re looking for:
● A great writer and communicator
● Comfortable working under your own initiative
● A problem-solver
● Team player, willing to pitch in wherever needed
● Good negotiating and influencing skills, with leadership qualities
● Customer care and client management abilities
Cratus’ Head Offices are based in London, but this role has some flexibility with regard to location. You must be able to access our offices in either London, Bristol or Southampton.
Our world is local. We have a passion for politics and a commitment to community, Cratus supports organisations which would like to engage, and work with, the public sector and the communities it serves.
Operating for more than a decade, Cratus teams operate from coast to coast on projects which range from reviewing council services to supporting developers with planning applications and building communities.
To apply, please submit a C.V. and complete the form on our website - www.cratus.co.uk/job-opportunities. (Note that applications without a completed application form will not be considered.)