We're here to help with flexible jobs for you. Every job role we host is flexible, helping you to find a job that will support your lifestyle, not dictate it.
If you are a recruiter and would like to post a job, please click 'Post a job advert' below. You will then be able to upload the job spec and pay via PayPal. Job postings cost £200 plus VAT and will automatically be removed after 90 days.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
School Data Protection Consultant / IT specialist / Web content manager - Data Protection Education(1 Post)
Our flexible working environment
We understand that you might need to have flexibility and we believe that flexible working makes a better work environment.
The role could be full or part-time, term-time only or year round.
Where we are based
Though we have an office in Hertfordshire, all our consultants are home-based. We understand that you might not be available every day, nor every hour of every day - you are expected to manage your own schedule to a certain extent.
Our schools are national, but the majority are in the East of England, the South East and London. Ideally, we are looking for someone to be able to conduct visits throughout the South East.
About us and what we offer:
Data Protection Education is a specialist consultancy providing GDPR tools, resources and consultancy to schools. We work with individual schools, trusts, federations and local authorities to provide data protection services, including outsourced data protection officer services.
- We will provide tools and admin support so that you can concentrate on delivery and we share responsibility for knowledge across our consultants so you never feel out of your depth.
- We are able to offer some training if you have experience in other areas of school management and we support our consultants on gaining an internationally recognised certification.
- We are able to offer term-time contracts and would be happy to discuss full-time and part-time availability.
We are open to hiring more than one person to get the blend of skills - so if there is part of this that interests you, please get in touch.
About the project
We undertake consultations (online and in-school) to assess the status of compliance and advise on priorities and implementation. We also conduct remote sessions on the phone and online with all our DPO customers. We also have our core-DPO team made up of legal professionals for incident management
Part of our service includes access to the Data Protection Education Knowledge Bank, an online portal with various features:
- Best Practice Library (policies, procedures, guidance and templates)
- Best Practice checklists
- E-learning library (plus manager reports)
- Events listings (workshops for our clients)
- Document Compliance Manager (plus manager reports)
- Data logs - subject access requests, freedom of information, data breaches
- Record of processing tool (lists school processes, assesses risks etc)
- User management tools
- News/blog etc
We use these tools to deliver a data protection framework based on the ICO Accountability model.
We are looking for the following skills/person - we appreciate are prepared to take on more that one person if needed, so if some of this resonates, get in touch. Though it is likely if we hire more than one person, the roles will not all be full-time positions.
You may be:
- An experienced school/MAT IT manager with data protection competencies
- An experience school/MAT operations specialist
- A graduate (or other) with exceptional writing and high IT capability
What we need doing
This role, therefore, has three potential elements:
1) Visiting our schools in the South East of England to undertake data protection consultations and assist with implementing our processes, systems and training - and leading account management with your assigned schools. We expect to be resuming visits in September 2021 when it is safe to do so and this to take up approximately 1-2 days each week.
2) Liaison across the business with colleagues in all regions and delivering policy and best practice guidance remotely (online and on the phone) with our school customers in areas of your specialisms and in line with our data protection framework.
3) Contribution and manage content in our Knowledge Bank - assisting with the writing and development of best practice guidelines, policies and school process definitions. Managing the DPE Knowledge Bank and a small amount of customer support.
A little bit about you
This is a rapidly developing area and it will be important to help establish new ways of working. Strong IT skills and familiarity with MS Office Suite tools will be important. A familiarity with web-based content management systems would be a plus.
Experience in working with schools/public sector is very desirable to understand the culture, so those with an administrative background, safeguarding, leadership/management, or teaching experience welcome. But also strong personalities required who aren't afraid to challenge the status quo.
You will need to be able to work on your own, directly with your allocated schools if that part of the role is suitable. We need someone to cover schools in the South East of England, so please bear that in mind again if that part of the role interests you.
We would really like to hear from experienced school administrators - school business managers, hands-on governors, compliance or school business management consultants who understand the administrative working of schools - both primary and secondary.
Competitive rates: FTE £25,000