Talk

Advanced search

Bi-orb tank light whilst on holiday

(3 Posts)
Dizzylin Sat 23-Feb-19 08:55:11

We have recently acquired a bi-orb tank and currently have 3 minnow fish.

We are going away quite a few times this year and I am concerned about the light in the tank because there doesn't seem to be a way of switching the light on other than using the remote control (we were planning on using a timer) it's not feasible for somebody to come in twice a day just to switch the light on and off. The room the fish tank is in gets a lot of day light, will this be enough for the fish?

We are going to use the holiday food things for them.

Cwenthryth Sat 23-Feb-19 08:58:58

I have smart timer plugs for my reptiles - so the lights/heaters themselves are switched ‘on’ all the time but the timer plugs switch on & off at set times. Mine are linked up through my Alexa system so I can switch them on/off wherever I am too if there’s any reason I need to do that.

suks1 Sat 02-Mar-19 20:08:19

I think you can get another transformer for them (I think that's the big black box thing which connects the plug to the tube/connection to the filter and light and then put this on a timer.
www.amazon.co.uk/Biorb-46040-Transformer/dp/B001EVQFGC?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »