Talk

Advanced search

Moving house with goldfish

(7 Posts)
Prometheus Tue 30-Oct-18 20:52:19

We're moving house this week and have two goldfish in a 30 litre tank. I was planning to half empty the tank then drive with the half full tank on my knee to the new house (literally a 3 minute drive away). I would then set up the tank as soon as we got to the new house. Does this sound doable or am I missing something that could turn it into a nightmare?

CherryValance Tue 30-Oct-18 20:58:59

I put mine in knotted bags when I moved (like if you won one from a fair or bought from a shop), I was too paranoid they'd slosh!

ineedadvicepleases Tue 30-Oct-18 21:23:24

I've done similar and also moved them in a half full cool box before.

MaxTeyon Wed 31-Oct-18 15:12:13

The size of the tank is more concerning, 2 goldfish should be in 150 litres minimum. Could you use the house move as an opportunity to get a larger tank?

Prometheus Wed 31-Oct-18 17:30:01

Thanks for the advice. The 30l tank was sold to us as being the correct size for the two small goldfish (my friend is a vet and also confirmed it is big enough - she keeps goldfish in those bowl type tanks which are much smaller). However I’ll see if we can get something bigger after we move.

MaxTeyon Wed 31-Oct-18 19:07:19

Your friend may be a vet but she’s extremely cruel I’m afraid.

toomuchhappyland Sun 04-Nov-18 20:34:24

Was your other thread not convincing enough that your tank is too small and your friend has no idea about fish keeping?

Read this. puregoldfish.com/tank-size/amp/

Seriously. Do some basic research and you will see how misinformed your vet friend is. They really don’t get training in fish tank size, you know.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »