Talk

Advanced search

Help! Poorly goldfish

(7 Posts)
Ekphrasis Thu 21-Jun-18 18:00:25

My sons goldfish suddenly has a patch of raise scales on its size with red bits beneath. Any ideas?! Not looked properly yet as doing doing dinner/ cluster feeding baby.

It's 3 and shares a tank with a large shubumpkin (sp?!)

Ekphrasis Thu 21-Jun-18 18:02:46

It looks like a lump beneath the skin pushing scales up. Otherwise it's swimming about asking for food as usual.

bunnygeek Fri 22-Jun-18 15:02:02

Lumps can be a number of things, including bacterial infections, fungus and also tumours.

Are you able to isolate this Goldie? You could try treating with antibacterial mediation.

Ekphrasis Fri 22-Jun-18 15:58:32

I'm not sure I can; also we are going 2 hrs down south for the day tomorrow sad he's perky but I think the eye on that side is swelling now. Gah.

Should I change water and add salt as a stop gap?

bunnygeek Fri 22-Jun-18 16:45:52

A partial water change is always a good move. Not personally convinced aquarium salt has much of anything when it comes to healing.

Ekphrasis Fri 22-Jun-18 18:31:40

I'm guessing the tank is too cramped. The shubumpkin has been our growing the goldfish for some time.

toomuchhappyland Tue 16-Oct-18 22:24:24

How many litres is the tank? It’s probably far too small. Ordinary goldfish and shubunkins are pond fish really.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »