Talk

Advanced search

Marine tank and protein skimmer

(1 Post)
Piffyonarockbun Sat 10-Feb-18 13:22:42

I have a 200 litre marine tank. Its used to be well looked after with various corals and fish etc. There came a time when through ill health it fell to the back of the list. Stuff died and the protein skimmer stopped working. Everything else was kept running though. Ive recently got back on top of everything and started looking at the tank. Its been cleaned and checked. Its still missing a protein skimmer.
When i restock i intend on having a maximum of 2 clown fish, some shrimp, crabs, snails and maybe a star fish. That will be all. Possibly a couple of low maintenance corals but im not too fussed on that.
My question is for such a lightly stocked tank do i absolutely need a protein skimmer. Ive read conflicting things so thought id ask here. If i do, i do and ill get one but it wont be for a while so ill just have the tank sitting there doing nothing still. Thanks for any help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now