Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best place to buy a tank

(4 Posts)
TheHodgeoftheHedge Mon 09-Oct-17 11:51:18

We've decided to get a goldfish or two (nothing tropical) and i'm trying to find the right tank. I've been looking in Pets at Home and on Amazon, but does anyone have any other recommendations for somewhere to look or a specific tank recommendation please?

pinkmagic1 Tue 10-Oct-17 06:05:39

You need a large tank for goldfish as they grow very big. Most are kept in tanks that are far too small.
I have tropical fish and I got my tank off ebay. Lots of people sell them on when they upgrade and you can get a bargain compared with what you would pay at pets at home etc.

grafittiartist Tue 10-Oct-17 06:36:24

We got ours from a local garden center pet department. The staff seemed to know a lot about the equipment and the fish. Tropical is probably easier to set up I think.

sharklovers Tue 10-Oct-17 18:25:44

Tropicals will be easier and you can get away with a smaller tank. For a small tropical set up I’d look at a minimum of 60 litres and for two goldfish a minimum of 180-200 litres. Make sure you read up on fishless cycling and the water chemistry involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now