Talk

Advanced search

fish lover - xmas gift ideas?

(4 Posts)
teenyveg Mon 07-Nov-16 22:43:44

My brother's hobby is his 4 fish tanks. I dont know a anything really about it all but they are well kitted out and he has all manner of "things" such as test kits, nets, accessories etc.

Can anyone suggest a small gift for him? Something you found invaluable or unusual? I want to him something to go along with his main gift.

HerOtherHalf Mon 07-Nov-16 22:56:45

Chips?

Seriously though, it's very difficult buying a present for someone in relation to a hobby or interest they're serious about. There's a good chance they either already have the thing or they don't want it. Why not ask him for a small list of suggestions and then pick something from the list? That way you'll definitely get him something he wants but it will still be a bit of a surprise.

user1474539059 Tue 08-Nov-16 18:53:04

I am sure he already has a subscription to a fish keeping magazine - but if he doesn't - maybe that? Tickets to a fish related exhibition at a museum? For example my partner took me to the NHM's coral reef exhibition as a surprise. If he has fish that enjoy hiding you could try something like a floating betta log?

Agree with above poster too.

Bobits Tue 08-Nov-16 22:47:49

What a nice sister :-) Any maintenance tools are probably already got like others have said :-) Who needs two syphons?! Although you could get 'consumables' like fish food or water conditioner although us fishy folk are usually quite particular about brands... A gift voucher for their fave fishy shop might also be an idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now