Advanced search

bubble wall and pump confusion

(4 Posts)
rainbowrocks Thu 28-Apr-16 09:55:46

I'm just after some advise. I would like a bubble wall in our new "hopefully getting it very soon" fish tank.

I have been looking at the multicolored strips that go along the bottom of the tank, do I also need to purchase the air pump to connect to it?

Not overly fussed if it's noisy (have seen quieter ones) as the tank is going in the kitchen.

I'm a bit confused as some of the listings say pump not included but doesn't state what pump is compatable. I don't want to spend loads more money on unessisary equipment!

Many thanks

pippistrelle Thu 28-Apr-16 18:01:00

I'm far from an expert, OP, but yes, you will need a pump as well as the strip thing. I haven't used a bubble wall strip thing, but I have used a variety of air stones, and there's never been any problem with incompatibility. Maybe they all just come in a standard size, or maybe I've just been lucky. But to eliminate all doubt you could either try to buy the pump and strip as a package, or buy them from the same brand.

Enjoy your fish!

TreeSparrow Thu 28-Apr-16 21:05:19

If you want a bubble wall you will need:
1. An air stone of your choice
2. Air line (tubing)
3. Air pump

All air stones and tubing tends to be of standard size.

rainbowrocks Fri 29-Apr-16 09:06:03

Fantastic thank you again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now