Goldfish Advice

(4 Posts)
Danigirl24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:12:09

Hello all, I've just joined mumsnet looking for some advice.
My ds won a goldfish at the fair yesterday (he's lovingly named it Nemo) and I've spent the entire time since then looking up the best way to look after the newest member of our family.
I know that ideally Nemo would need a tank of around 91 litres but unfortunately my budget won't afford that at this moment in time sad so my question is this.
I'm looking at getting a 25 litre tank to tide him over till Christmas, then upgrade to a 54 litre tank then in another 6 months to a year buy the 105 litre tank. I know it's not the ideal way of doing things but at this moment it's the only way I can do it. Ideally I would like to get an even bigger tank after that, 200 litres and buy Nemo a friend (ds has already decided new fish will be called Dory ;))
Has anyone else had experience with taking care of their goldfish in this way and will Nemo be able to still have a long fulfilling life if I go about things this way?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me smile
Dani

Danigirl24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:16:57

Oops, sorry, posted in wrong thread. I'll be scuttling out now blush

IvyWall Sun 14-Jun-15 10:18:42

Have you found the Fishnet section on MN?

It's full of good advice

Danigirl24 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:32:17

Yes, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now