Talk

Advanced search

Can I have coarse snad/fine gravel if I have goldfish?

(6 Posts)
2kidsintow Tue 23-Dec-14 09:34:11

I'm in the process of upgrading my 100L tank to a 240L tank due to a v generous Christmas gift from Dh. smile smile grin

The old tank has the pea sized and a bit smaller gravel, but the new tank came with a bag if quite coarse gritty sand stuff.

Is this going to be a problem with the fantails that I will be swapping over? And is it easy to clean with a gravel cleaner?

EauLittleRougeofBethlehem Sat 27-Dec-14 19:43:38

Sorry, these threads aren't coming up on my active convos for some reason...

Yes, sand is fine for goldfish. Pea gravel is OK too. They do like to dig around, so make sure the gravel isn't going to get stuck in their mouths. Hope my reply isn't too late for you smile

EauLittleRougeofBethlehem Sat 27-Dec-14 19:47:41

PS let's see some photos! Your DH is a diamond for buying you such a brilliant Christmas present grin

Playsand is a good, cheap substrate although might be tricky to get this time of year.

2kidsintow Sun 28-Dec-14 23:11:17

He is indeed a diamond. smile
The fantails do seem fine with the substrate. They look a bit lost in there though, as it's huge by comparison.

2kidsintow Sun 28-Dec-14 23:14:24

Do please excuse the pair of tights dangling at the back, containing some of the original gravel. I've transfered all my old filter media but an trying to boost seeding the gravel this way too.

Some of the lucky inhabitants.

EauLittleRougeofBethlehem Mon 29-Dec-14 10:09:17

Wow, it looks fantastic smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now