Talk

Advanced search

Where can i buy a filter for my betta that has a slower flow? poor betta has been shredded.

(3 Posts)
Marne Wed 03-Oct-12 12:43:38

Got up this morning and george's fins look shredded sad, googled the net and it seems the filter maybe the cause. We have a stingray elite 5 in the tank but i think the water flow is too much for him. The elite 5 was the smallest filter i could find. Can some one point me in the right direction for a filter that will be suitable? the tank is only 30-35 ltr so only small ( i will be moving him to a bigger tank when i find room and one comes up on e-bay).

EauRouge Wed 03-Oct-12 17:54:17

I wouldn't immediately suspect the filter for causing shredded fins- is he struggling to swim?

What are the water readings?

Marne Wed 03-Oct-12 19:23:12

Water readings are fine, i have re-directed the water flow into a corner and put a silk plant next to it (to block the flow a little), he's swimming fine at the moment. I doesn't look like fin rot and happened very quickly.

Having problems with my 2 big tanks now (big tank has high nitrates) so a night of water changes ahead and keeping a close eye on betta sad. Not having much luck with fish at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now