Talk

Advanced search

Grrrr Complain direct or elsewhere? Help!

(8 Posts)
Honeydragon Sun 07-Nov-10 21:12:14

this is for sale.

Do I approach IWWOOT - even though I am definitely NOT a fish expert, or is there someone else that could be notified?

Please help?

EauRouge Mon 08-Nov-10 09:16:43

Ooh, those make my blood boil and my mates keep emailing me the link saying 'have you seen this?'. Not good for a pregnant woman's blood pressure!

I think if you email them saying that keeping fish in these would be in violation of the 2006 Animal Welfare act and therefore they are not fit for purpose then you might get a response.

Mention Trading Standards, that usually gets their attention. The law states that "The goods must be fit for their purpose. The goods must be fit for all the purposes for which they are normally supplied and, in addition, if you bought the goods for a specific purpose and made that purpose known to the seller then the goods must be suitable for that purpose. For example, if a shop says a particular paint is suitable for outdoor use, then it should be."
I know people that have successfully claimed a full refund after being sold a novelty fish tank so it can and does apply.

Also try sending them links to this British Veterinary Association leaflet and these RSPCA guidelines.

I think the key is to not be fobbed off with 'we have consulted aquatic expert' replies. No aquatic expert would say that keeping fish in these tank is OK, unless it's very temporary.

You're not the only one emailing IWOOT so hopefully they'll pay attention.

Honeydragon Mon 08-Nov-10 11:19:53

Thankyou smile

Sorry about mixing fish rage with hormones blush grin

will email them today

EauRouge Mon 08-Nov-10 11:24:30

Good luck! Let me know what they say, I bet they send out a stock reply to everyone that complains hmm Don't worry about the fish rage/hormone thing, pretty much anything puts me in a rage at the moment! grin

Honeydragon Mon 08-Nov-10 12:11:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lancelottie Mon 08-Nov-10 12:12:47

Umm, did you mean to put your real name on the end there?

Honeydragon Mon 08-Nov-10 14:36:57

I am an "out" mnetter but I'm not sure I want that come up on google - I've requseted deletion - I thouht I'd changed that bit before I posted! Thankyou smile

EauRouge Tue 16-Nov-10 20:21:14

Have you heard back yet? A few people from the fish forum I go on have left reviews grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now