Talk

Advanced search

madagascar.........a load of old tosh?

(10 Posts)
LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 12:22:17

I went to see Madagascar yesterday with 9 yr old. I thought it was rubbish, so rubbish infact I started admiring how trendy Megan's Bratz doll was in her glizty jeans and lovely kaftan!! About 30 mins into the film Megan started getting restless too, although did last the whole duration, thanks to the huge popcorn and coke.

gigglinggoblin Sat 23-Jul-05 12:30:41

we saw it last week and thought it was great. kids are 6 and 4. they are still raving about it and dancing about, singing the songs

SoupDragon Sat 23-Jul-05 12:42:19

Alternative view here

LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 12:48:16

Ooooohhh, so most people thought it was great?
Perhaps just me then? I'm not really that into films, not of the animated variety anyway, apart from the Lion King. I just thought it had a really rubbish storyline. Maybe for younger kids rather than 9 yr olds? I must admit Megan loves tv, but I think she's more into the young teenage stuff like saved by the bell and very occasionally rugrats.

Dior Sat 23-Jul-05 13:53:21

Message withdrawn

Cristina7 Sat 23-Jul-05 13:57:02

I thought it was rubbish too. The storyline was very simple, which is fine, as it can be rubbish even when it's complex (see "Shark Tales"), but i didn't care about any of the characters. Which reminds me, last evening I sat through the first 20 minutes or so of "Titanic" for the first time. What utter rubbish that was too.

LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 14:11:53

I think Titanic is rubbish too Christina!!!

Cristina7 Sat 23-Jul-05 14:30:27

LPSP, maybe we have similar tastes in films. What did you think of "The English Patient"? I thought that was rubbish too, really wanted some big explosion & death towards the end to pep it up a bit.

LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 15:29:10

I havent actually seen the English Patient, but my favourite films are romantic and girly types and sometimes docu-films too, but I cannot stand all these action, shoot-em-up types, batman, star wars and the like I just get sooo bored.

vickiyumyum Sat 23-Jul-05 15:40:22

no i thought it was rubbish too. i had been really looking forward to it as love the kiddy films like shrek, nemo. toy story etc.

we went to see it last saturday and i was bored i was trying to read the paper by the half light from my mobile phone! the kids thought it was ok though and have been talking about it since (boys age 3 and 8).

didn't think much of the story dragged on a bit and all the funny bits had been shown on trailers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now