Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have 3 days free-what films should I watch?

(6 Posts)
merglemergle Thu 23-Jun-05 06:41:55

MIL is taking ds out daily for a couple of days. I reckon I can watch about 4-5 films in this time. (Yes, I am lazy but I am also 39 wks pg so don't care!).

I want stuff that is interesting, but not "disturbing" IYKWIM. No excessive, twisted violence. Or else, just mindless happy romantic commedies.

Some films I like-Lantana, ma Vie en rose, Fargo, farewell my concubine, Together, respiro, the talented mr ripley, American Beaty. Also Sleepless in Seattle, desperate houswives (if it was a film) etc.

I need help here as I have barely even read a movie review in the past 2 years. I actually feel out of my depth at the movie store! I don't want to miss anything really good.

TIA lovely mumsnetters!

suzywong Thu 23-Jun-05 06:44:35

Chocolat seems to fit your bill although it came out in 2001

and if you really want to Pee you pants laughing; Anchorman - the legend of Ron Burgandy

Just off the top of my head

almostanangel Thu 23-Jun-05 07:31:13

50 first dates
how to lose a guy in ten days

MrsBubsDeVere Thu 23-Jun-05 07:47:22

Phantom of the Opera, Never Been Kissed, Love Actually, Bridget Jones 1 & 2

nailpolish Thu 23-Jun-05 08:41:03

lost in translation is fantastic for chilling out - would highly recommend it

WideWebWitch Thu 23-Jun-05 08:41:52

What about Gosford Park? And Pride and Prejudice/Emma, any of those period pieces. Gosford Park is most enjoyable, I really liked it. Amelie is sweet too. The Truman Show is fantastic imo. Some Like it Hot? Ooh, how lovely, 3 days to watch films, I am envious! Enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now