Talk

Advanced search

Thomas and the Magic Railroad - a warning!

(10 Posts)
treacletart Thu 09-Jun-05 18:50:10

MIL picked up a 2nd hand VHS of this today for our Thomas obsessed DS (nearly 2). Granted he seems quite interested in it, but I feel duty bound to warn other parents that it's possibly the very, very worst film I've ever seen.

An indicipherable plot appears to have been devised solely to tenuously link some uninspiring special effects. "Written, directed and produced" by Britt Allcroft but it bears little or no relation to the tv shows or the books - The engines talk themselves...and with American accents too! and what the hell is Peter Fonda doing? Save your money, time and sanity DON'T WATCH THIS!!

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 18:51:01

its bad isnt it?

golds Thu 09-Jun-05 18:53:22

I thought it was OK, ds thinks its great

misdee Thu 09-Jun-05 18:54:41

my dd loves it, but i find it bleurgh.

whimsy Thu 09-Jun-05 18:58:15

Agree it's naff, but ds loves it

golds Thu 09-Jun-05 18:58:48

says alot about me then doesn't it

ssd Thu 09-Jun-05 19:05:12

My ds1 absolutely loved this film when he was small.

If you've got a Thomas buff I wouldn't reject it.

treacletart Thu 09-Jun-05 19:25:28

I admit DS is pleased to finally see Lady, Diesel 10, Dodge and Splatter who he's been naming regularly from the website and the little foldouts you get with the toys (more victims for the laminator ) I just loathe the way they've messed with the format so much and the assumption even a halfway sensible plot isn't necessary just because its for kids. I know I should probably get a life, but if he's going to spend too much time infront of the TV then I at least try to watch things with him so we can talk about it - trouble is I have a bit of short fuse with rubbish, particularly when you end up having to watch it repeatedly

bunny2 Thu 09-Jun-05 19:29:00

It's horrendous but ds loves it. Glad Im not the only one to lose the plot! Havent a clue what is going on in that film.

LIZS Thu 09-Jun-05 19:30:20

We actually paid to go to the cinema to see it -even ds was disappointed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now