Talk

Advanced search

Saw Julie & Julia tonight

(6 Posts)
moondog Fri 18-Sep-09 22:20:09

Good fun.
A bit too long, too many fake french accents but a very loving portrayal of two nice women in a non chick flick kinda way.

wheredidmyoldlifego Fri 18-Sep-09 22:50:41

Thought it was quite sweet - no need to see it in the cinema but overall, nicely done - agree on too many bad fake french accents but yes, rather nice - quite a feel good film, if a little long!

moondog Fri 18-Sep-09 22:51:26

Was tonight first night then?

Hassled Fri 18-Sep-09 22:54:04

I must get my act together enough to see this - heard Nora Ephron talking about it on R4 and she did a good selling job. She really loves Meryl Streep.

Mmmmcoffee Wed 23-Sep-09 00:29:22

Have to agree on the french accents, they were awful! A lovely film though, I really liked the way they interwove the stories.

Was I the only one completely thrown by the fact Julia Childs' husband looked exactly like Alf Garnett?

Slubberdegullion Fri 25-Sep-09 16:55:24

I saw it last night. I thought it was marvellous, I laughed a lot. I adore Meryl Streep and she was particularly excellent in this, lots of superb eye rolling.

I'm quite inspired to buy the How to master the art of French Cooking now. I want to make her beef bourguignon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now