Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone recognise what film this is?

(5 Posts)

I remember seeing this film maybe 20 years ago, saw it on TV so it will be even older.

It was set in the future in some sort of post nuclear war type era. Water was in very short supply. It followed a group of kids on rollerskates, there didn't seem to be any adults. The kids found some sort of special golden orb/ball/alien that they kept in a rucksack and set off on a journey with this thing to take it somewhere important. People were chasing them so they were always having to skate fast to escape.

wintera Sun 09-Aug-09 21:08:58

That sounds very much like Solarbabies to me Stripey. It had Jason Patric and Jamie Gertz from Lost Boys in it. And also Adrian Pasdar who is now in Heroes. Am attaching a link to imdb and a clip from youtube. See what you think!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jwtYe6VyTc

www.imdb.com/title/tt0091981/

Thanks, that's definetly it. I've asked loads of people and nobody has had a clue. Mystery solved! I remember it as being a good film but it was probably crap wasn't it? No reviews on Amazon.

Ahh, there's reviews on imdb. Think I'm going to have to try and track a copy down and watch it now.

wintera Sun 09-Aug-09 22:18:26

I think it would be one of those films that was great at the time but if you watched it now you would cringe! Looks very dated and 80s to me! Haven't seen it in years either. I also watched it on the tv one time. Glad I could help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now