Talk

Advanced search

Vanilla Sky - how terrible is this film? Is it the worst film ever made?

(19 Posts)
lowlandlady Thu 30-Jul-09 12:11:27

Is it normal to hate Tom Cruise? He is such a minging Ham!

lowlandlady Thu 30-Jul-09 13:07:02

I think it is the worst film. In my opinion any way.

I think Tom Cruise is the biggest ham in history. He is so narcissistic, it makes me heave.

How can Lovely Penelope choose such rubbish films? This one, Captain Corelli? I mean puhleeeeese.

KerryMumbles Thu 30-Jul-09 13:07:52

lol. was watching last night with friend. He said he loved it. I fell asleep.

bran Thu 30-Jul-09 13:13:04

It's awful, really really bad. I'm not sure it's the worst ever made though. I'd have to think about that a bit.

It's quite pretty, I did like the sky that it's named after. That wasn't enough to make up for the dire plot, the clunky script and the horror of Tom emoting.

shavenhaven Thu 30-Jul-09 13:14:41

i still cant believe i wasted a few hours of my life with this, all i can remember now is the part where tom is shagging someone that then changes into someone else.

wasabipeanut Thu 30-Jul-09 13:14:50

I accidentally chanced upon it a several years ago on a Saturday night in on my own - bloody awful. No redeeming features at all.

moondog Thu 30-Jul-09 13:15:54

I think that particular accolade goes to Mamma Mia.

LynetteScavo Thu 30-Jul-09 13:17:10

VAnilla sky is rubbish. I thought it would be good because "Vanilla Sky" sounds nice. hmm

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 30-Jul-09 13:21:37

Agree about Vanilla sky and Tom Cruise. He is so wooden.

We saw Valkyrie (sp) the other day.

A great story with a fab cast. It would have been a great film if it wasn't for the unbelievably awful performance by Mr Cruise.

He is totally talentless, not that grteat looking and a complete weirdo to boot- how does he keep in work?

IotasCat Thu 30-Jul-09 13:28:34

V S was a truly terrible film. I only managed the first part - did it get worse or better?

gillybeanie Thu 30-Jul-09 13:39:56

the only tom cruise film i can watch is top gun
(the game of volley ball on the beach is particulary very goodsmile)oh and rain man and that is only because of Dustin Hoffman

PlumpRumpSoggyBaps Thu 30-Jul-09 13:41:25

I disagree. I think Tom Cruise plays Tom Cruise very well in every single film he's ever been in.

grin

Flamesparrow Thu 30-Jul-09 14:23:47

I remember feeling violated that I had wasted my time and money in the cinema on VS

BuwchBywiog Fri 31-Jul-09 14:38:52

I have to admit that I am a big Cocktail fan blush Vanilla Sky was okish but nothing spesh from what I remember when I saw it years ago but that could be helped by the amount of wine we drank while we watched it lol!

MarshaBrady Fri 31-Jul-09 14:43:33

Cameron Diaz looks fairly deranged in this movie, her eyes.

I kept thinking what had they done to her eyes to make her look so intense.

Mumcentreplus Fri 31-Jul-09 14:49:59

When I see Tom Cruise I'm forever thinking 'be careful you don't fall off the box!'..that's probably why he's so wooden scared he'll fall off! grin

southeastastra Fri 31-Jul-09 14:52:41

the original looked fab with penelope cruz, though i fell asleep after the first half hour.

bridget jones II gets my vote.

SausageRocket Fri 31-Jul-09 14:53:42

It is an appalling film, no doubt (V Sky)

aurynne Sun 02-Aug-09 08:45:03

Vanilla Sky is actually a remake of a much better Spanish movie (also starring Penelope Cruz, but this time as the "good girl") titled "Abre los ojos" ("Open your eyes"). If you want to forget awful Tom Cruise and replace it with a better version, I recommend you to rent that other one ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now