Talk

Advanced search

anvil:the story of anvil

(4 Posts)
mayorquimby Wed 22-Jul-09 13:39:22

finally got around to seeing this on dvd last night, it was AWESOME!!
it's a documentary about an 80's heavy metal band who despite having toured the world and influenced the likes of metallica,guns'n'roses and slayer never managed to make a success of themselves. despite all of their peers from their touring days going on to sell millions of albums.
it shows them now,still hoping to make it in their 50's, recording their 13th album and playing gigs to crowds of 20 or so people.
it's like a real-life spinal tap, although the director has made a lot of deliberate spinal tap references throughout the film which leaves you wondering if this is for real, or a mockumentary played out as part of an elaborate in joke hoax.

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 13:39:45

omgit got such good reviews sind it
its on my list

Bibithree Tue 25-Aug-09 18:02:30

I adored this film! It wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be like but I loved it. Felt really moved in parts, was cracking up in others. Loved it.

mayorquimby Wed 26-Aug-09 11:17:27

it's just so bizarre. it does crack you up in that it's so utterly utterly ludicrous at times.
but then it can break your heart at others because it's clear that the two lead guys are the only two people in the world that understand each other and their lack of success is leading to some sort of growing resentment and driving them apart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now